Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT series 2 rear track width - different to other late model Commodores??

jazza15

Jarryd
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II S
I've just been doing some research on the IRS for the VT - VY and have found that the VT series 2 has a track width that is 5mm narrower than the VT series 1 and VX onwards. This is according to Holden VT Commodore Specifications
Now it may be a typographical error, but I have previously noticed that the back left wheel of my car seems to stick out more than the back right, which is possibly due to me fitting a VT series 1 back left trailing arm, although I am not sure on whether this is true.

I will be ringing up holden early next week to try and get them to shed some knowledge on the topic.
Can anyone else shed some light on this?

Does the difference in width affect the length of the VT series 2 drive shaft?
Is this difference in length due to the mounting points of the trailing arms, the trailing arms being made 'shorter' or just the back left being made 'shorter'?
Does this affect camber? VT series 1 had bad camber, was it a bandaid fix for the VT series 2 before the problem was fixed a little better with the (re)addition of the control link?
Is this just complete BS and there never was any variance in the track width at all?