Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt slow turnover sounds like flat battery??

mojo.jojo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt calais lx torana
hi guys i have borrowed a friends car and when you start it , it very very slowly turns over with a whir whir whir and fires and it sounds like flat battery but it always starts. This has been going on for a few months now and they have had it checked with no luck. since i have borrowed it i have noticed it is considerably worse and am wondering what it could be. (I dont want it to break down while i have it!!) I checked voltage and it is fine. Any ideas?? cheers

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
It might be time for a new starter motor. If the battery and connections are fine it will be the starter motor.

mynameisearl

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt s pac
same as accentstencil said also get the key checked out when my key began to die in my vt i had trouble getting it to kick over

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
does not happen to be a 5.0 does it? lol

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
hi guys i have borrowed a friends car and when you start it , it very very slowly turns over with a whir whir whir and fires and it sounds like flat battery but it always starts. This has been going on for a few months now and they have had it checked with no luck. since i have borrowed it i have noticed it is considerably worse and am wondering what it could be. (I dont want it to break down while i have it!!) I checked voltage and it is fine. Any ideas?? cheers

So what actually is the voltage (tested) when the engine/starter is under load ?

VT_Lance

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT pov pack
my vt got same problem its very annoying

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
my bro's VT S does this too, was thinking it might be a bad earth as a Hot earth kit generally makes the car start quicker? If not I'd say its the starter motor going