Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT speaker size

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
hmm..... yeah i had to gut the plastic pod then it didnt work because of the magnets hitting the door metal frame! so maybe just watch out.

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
phree said:
Certainly not chrome on mine. Mine just had shitty coaxs in the front doors, withno covers other than the door trims. Maybe someone has been in there already? Only way to tell for sure is to take off the trim and check it out. If there is already something decent in there you might be better adding an amp instead of another set of speakers.
When i got loud they start to distort under bass, if i hook an amp up will this distortion stop

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
i have a nice set of chrome ones that look like 6" subs and stock paper ones in rear.
dont know what brand front ones are yet, just looked through grill with a torch

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
nah they will distort w/ a amp. they are probably reaching max excursion and just dont like it. probably best to go for a sub.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Perhaps not though Garfa. What if they are only distorting because the Amplifier in the headunit is distorting? That would cause the speakers to distort. Remember, there is a chance that these speakers have already been upgraded...

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
1. I already have a sub and
2. the speakers are definatly replaced but i think with budget ones.
Im runnung the amp RCA's at the moment, it they dont work it still means i have the fronts running off an amp when i get new ones.
Up in the corner of the dash is a little tweeter, how do these get hooked up to the main speaker.
Parrallel or series?

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
i have SRS1625 180watt clarion's in the front.
they also have component tweeters seperate.
how do i hook tweeters and speaker up to amp od should i just leave tweeter on HU

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
I just hooked the fronts up to the amp and it has a high pitch scream while the engine is running, is there a way to get rid of this scream.
Im putting different speakers in as the clarions are quite old, will this sort it out or is it i the wireing

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
12Voltking said:
Perhaps not though Garfa. What if they are only distorting because the Amplifier in the headunit is distorting? That would cause the speakers to distort. Remember, there is a chance that these speakers have already been upgraded...
i assumed because h/u go up ridiculusly loud that clipping would only really start nearer to max volume. and he said the speakers distrot under bass. s thats why i said the speakers are reaching their limmits.
you need a cross over then you just hook up the input to the amp and the cross over does the seperating of the sound for you.

HSVKEV260R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY1 HSV Clubsport R8 M6
chevy_big_block_bro said:
would a standard set of 6" kenwood speakers fit
Check their depth, anything over 80mm deep will not fit without modifying the plastic mounting bracket on the door. Dimensoins should be printed on the box if you have just bought the speakers.