Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt SS 98 IRS rear Camber kit .

marshall12

Reaction score
Members Ride
vtss
HELP .I lowered my vt ss 98 then took to suspension shop in perth for camber kit .paid $650.. then new tires on back next day ..The guy at tire shop tells me my back set to neg camber and tires going to were out on inside still.went back to suspension shop they say never going to get the camber out of vt ..IS THAT TRUE ??? still can tell the there leaning in just looking at them ..

Last edited:

Hrd455

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 ute
Swap the rear end out for a vy irs system

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Early VTs had a pretty poo rear cradle compared to the later ones.

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
Its not the camber that wears the rear tyres out, its the toe in. The rear toes in towards the center of the car, which in-turn scrubs the inside of the tyres out.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Its not the camber that wears the rear tyres out, its the toe in. The rear toes in towards the center of the car, which in-turn scrubs the inside of the tyres out.

Sorry to disagree, but it's camber and toe out, that ruins the inside edge...More so the camber, as you are putting more weight on the inside edge of the tyre, which in turn causes the tyre to wear in that area quicker.(have a look at the tyre angle, next time you can, with this style of rear end set up, to understand what I am referring to)

They also call it toe out, because the the tyre is pointing outwards, where as toe in means the tyre is pointing inwards, when you are looking at it, from the front of the car. Again, means that what ever edge has the more weight on it, during straight travel, is the edge that will wear quicker.....

A 4 point aftermarket camber kit allows camber and toe to be adjusted.....Only issue that arises is, when you put more weight into the boot after it has been set.....it tends to lower the car, therefore changing camber and toe settings.

Finally...$650 sounds about right for one fitted, with a 4 wheel alignment done.....

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If they fitted a 4 point, it should be adjustable enough to get most of the camber out, but if they only fitted a 2 point kit, then you won't.

SM1D3Y

aka Drew
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais L67
Even with the 4 point kits if you go lower than SL it's still an issue. As mentioned VY IRS cradle is really the only sure fire fix.