Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt ss front lip

fawez

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pac
hi all my bumper is damaged and i want to install my lower lip to a standard bar but cant find any helpful info, people are saying sikaflex others saying cut slots into standard bar to allow tabs from the lip to slot into but the standard bar doesnt have the deep recess like the original ss bar does where the top of the lip slips
into.im lost any info would b great as i need to do this asap as cars getting painted this weekend.

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
lol please do not sikaflex it on....

there should be screws on the inside of the bar holding the lip on.

fawez

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pac
hi iknow theres clips that slot throught the tabs to hold it into the original bar but im trying to mount the lip on an exec type standard bar with no slots in it

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
hmm even on the exec bar there should still be slots, because you need to take the ugly black part off. to fit the ss part.

fawez

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pac
i just went and looked at one and i noticed the black ugly part was actuall part of the mould and i noticed the recess between the black part and the rest of the bar isnt as deep as the ss bar so im lost with this .also im sure the black part is what you would have to cut the new slots in unless people are cutting the black section off and joining the lip onto???

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
to me it just sounds cheaper and less of a headache to just buy a ss bar? they go cheap and you could probs find one on ebay to the colour of your car.

E-T-H-A-N

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack manual
..... cut the holes in the bar for the ss lip to screw in than sikaflex the gap between the bar and the lower lip. the grove is the same by the way, it just apears smaller on yours. unless you have an aftermarket bar, but holdens were smart ( sometimes) and the exc bar should be exactly the same.