Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt ss oil leak

vpcommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
I have an oil leak from my car which is quite slow, but ends up with a fair mark on the driveway after a night of being parked. The leak is at the front of the car, only a few inches back from the bumper and when I had a look under, there was oil on a rod not far from the bumper, no idea what it is. Anyone fill me in what it might be?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Is it red or black? My first answer would be the power steering return line on the pump could have a loose clamp, that will leak power steering fluid down onto the sway bar then onto the ground.

vpcommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
The rod is black

rb30vlsl

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vl sl wagon
checked your oil filter done up tight and tappet cover gaskets are not damaged and in tight

Anglosaxon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2
Power steering i'd say too, mine does the same, although is it an auto? there's a trans fluid line that runs across the bottom of the radiator that connects the two transmission coolers in which are in each radiator tank, could have a crack or a loose fitting there too.