Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt ss 'vs' Vx ss

WAGONBEAST57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon V8 A4
hey dude. if i was you i would get the vx. apart from looking better, they came with a better manifold, injectors and state of tune. i think only an extra 5kw and 10nm but probably worth it if your gonna do furhter mods to get the farker breathing eg eg zorst. and just another suggestion, if you can go without the manual a berlina or calais might be a better option for a bloke your age due to insurance. id know cause im fresh outta school too.

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
remember the vt's had the s**t ls1 (gen 3) that got piston slap and a few other problems that got straightend out in the vx go the vx for sure mate

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
yeah dude the vx ss (s2) is the go better intake manifold (plastic composite) so less heat soak. Factory fixed up engine as mentioned above, plus the rear link, and the better resale value down the track, also doesn't look as dated as the vt (tear drops help in this regard). plus if you ever want to go to monaro tail lights you wont have to purchase a garnish
It all adds up

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
would also agree with the vx/whII irs being much better... my old man has a wh series one and his car has bad rear camber wear whereas mine isnt even the slightest bit noticeable... and thats with ultras in the rear

Caprice5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Berlina
1 vote here for vx ss.
the interior in vx series 2 is black compared to previous models having the grey interior. if thats of any importance to you.

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
remember the vt's had the s**t ls1 (gen 3) that got piston slap and a few other problems that got straightend out in the vx go the vx for sure mate

people were still getting piston slap up to the vy. Id go the vx too looks a little better then the vt but u can get a vt for under 10 grand these days. The power in the vt and vx would be just about exactly the same (5-10 kw difference) and when modded is exactly the same. Either way the ls1 is the goods, id hold out for a vy if possible though, they look 10 times better then both.

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
A lot of Vts are going for under 10g now but by the sounds of it, paying a little extra for a vx is the go. Whats the going rate for a vx 6sp these days. I have only seen one for sale, but its sold with mods, so its selling for $17 000 which is too much for me.
I have been looking at vx's for a while, and there are not many 6sps for sale which sucks. I guess i will just have to hold back till one pops up somewhere.

I cant hold off for VY cause i need the car soon. doing a lot of K's for work and the old VN isnt going to last forever since its already got a lot of K's on it.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
Ever thought of an SV8? price is similar to a VX SS, sure, its missing a lot of the SS "nice bits" like foglights, more wrap around seats etc, but the important stuff is SS spec. gets you into a newer car too.

if it came down to VT or VX, id have the VX. just seem to be a bit more "refined" and the front bar, blacked out head lights look a lot better.

Hot-Rod

SuPaFlY -LiV3 Surviv3 Di3
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VX Commodore Series 2
people were still getting piston slap up to the vy. Id go the vx too looks a little better then the vt but u can get a vt for under 10 grand these days. The power in the vt and vx would be just about exactly the same (5-10 kw difference) and when modded is exactly the same. Either way the ls1 is the goods, id hold out for a vy if possible though, they look 10 times better then both.

I reckon the VY is fuggly. Horribly looking front end, back is ok. VX looks nicer i reckon, smoother look.