Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT steering wheel controls.

• Thread starter calaisinternational
  • Start date
C

calaisinternational

Hey Guys,

I just got a bit of an issue, I recently have bought a VT 2 Calais International which I'm luvin but wanted to upgrade the stereo. Being a lazy ass I found the controls on the steering wheel that control volume tracks and mute a very useful commodity. Does anyone have or know if there is a brand of Stereo that can connect to these controls as I wanna get rid of the Eurovox and upgrade it to either an Mp3 or DVD player with screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Christian
[email protected] :cool:

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Last time I checked there weren't any units on the market that allow a simple swap over with the eurovox and maintaining the steering wheel remotes. However, it can be done, go to a reputable car audio place and they will be able to 'hardwire' it for you but this involves pulling apart the new headunits remote and thus destroying it.

C

calaisinternational

Thanks Julie,

Just got in contact with FREEWAY CAR AUDIO down here and the person mentioned there is a unit that u can purchase the will make the steering wheel control comply with and head unit that has a remote. I did't get a chance to find out how much or what the unit was called but when I get it done I will post it up here so any in the future that has the same query will know.

Cheers!!!

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
yeah, id like to know about that.... although i belive its quite expensive .... (infra red )