Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt steering wheel

vtanthony

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt olympic edition 99 model
hi guys i need to change my clock springs on my vt as the air bag light is playing up ive tried a new airbag and its still doing it .. but i need to the special tool to remove the nut in the centre of the wheel my workshop manual says to use a torx t20 bit but its way bigger then that ,.. ive rang autobarn and they want $90 for the set of bits as they dont sell them singly ... anyone else have anny ideas? i dont want to go to holden cause it will cost me more then i can afford

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I dont know about the VT,but I know the VS uses T30H torx screws on the steering wheel.I got a cheap torx driver set from bunnings.They are kingchrome brand,cost around $20 for a set,it includes torx sizes from T9H to T40H.Also you can get 2 different types of torx screws,theres the normal torx screws, and then theres the hollow type torx screws.This is what the H stands for in the size, eg-T30H is for size 30, hollow type torx screw.The normal type is just called T30 torx.Theres no "H" included in the size description of the normal torx screws.

Last edited:

vtanthony

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeh i found the hollow ones at auto barn i also bought the smaller types and there also holow. for $40.00 kingcorme brand the big ones are the ones needed to get the airbag part off found at autobarn for $90 the set ... orginally my horn stopped working so i changed the air bag and still had the same prob so next i went and swapped the airbag for a clock spring i didnt get to put that on cause i needed the bigger bit for the steering wheel nut .then i went to autobarn to look at the tools needed and i put my original airbag back on and my horn started working again ... though ive still got the clock spring but for now i just have to go to holden to get the airbag warning light reset .. and i also bought a can of WD 40 and sprayed a litte inside the steering wheel .. hoping that it keeps the horn working .. i did read on the forum today about some one using wd for there horn and it works again

vtanthony

Reaction score
Members Ride
the smaller set i bought for the air bag removal is also hollow point and the large set at autobarn are just like a socket but in the funny star shape

Karlos92

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt acclaim
I just used a 16 inch socket and it done the job