Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt Stereos...

bradwilks80

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can give me a rough price on a standard, 2nd hand VT stereo (the model with both CD & Tape.) Also, will the unit work in a VT that did not have a CD function (ie cables etc).

Thanks for the help,
Brad.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
On ebay they get over $400

VT CD Player

R

Robbie

Hi Brad,

I will hopefuly have one for sale soon, with Pin Number. I am in NSW but will courier as it is a small object. Are you interested?

Cheers,

Robbie

R

Robbie

Also,

Probably would work no prob with or without CD... It's just the output to speakers like any head unit..... All the workings are in the head unit.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers,
Robbie

TheLucksta

Reaction score
A holden dealer will charge you $1300 for the eurovox head unit with the CD player. I nearly spewed when i was quoted this. It's pretty hard to find a second hand one, and they are nothing special either. I managed to find a Sony CDX-MP50 single DIN head unit for $360 at Audiocom. It has an MP3 player, 4x52w built in amp, and the colour blends in well with the rest of the car (which is one of the main reasons i bought it). MP3 is awesome because i only have to carry about four CD's in the car. Anyway i've attached a pic of it.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
$1300 for that eurovox POS?

hahahahaha

tell them to eat sh*t and die, that's criminal!

Z

zoidberg

Hey guys

Thats right 1300 bucks the dealer near me wanted. I said to him "bullsh!t, your just trying to rip people off as usual for a Holden dealer"....he tried telling me it was "a state of the art unit"....CRAP!

Anyway, I have had a number of incidents with this dealer and this was the last straw, there just ass holes there and seriously know nothing.

I did 4 helly's in the car park and a burn out in the driveway on my way out.......I've never been back to that dealer again lol .

Oh and that unit TheLucksta has in his car is he same as mine (except i paid 499 for it ) still i think it was worth it and it cranks pretty hard, even hard when DSO is on 3 and its faded to the rear by 4.

Rob

D

dale-

Wow that's crazy.. What would you get for a factory tape deck / AM FM out of a 98 VT Exec? No CD player in it.