Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT subs with stock head unit wiring

samuel.scott93

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT SPAC 3.8 Manual
I have read the wiring diagram, and I have a rough idea on which wire I could use as a remote wire.
I just want to make sure I have the right one that will turn on the amp with the head unit, and turn it off with the head unit or when the car turns off. Everything else I have figured out. Anyone help me out? 98VT

Accesories - Yellow What exactly does this one do?
Constant - Orange/White
Illumination - Brown/White
Earth - Black/White
12V OUTPUT - Yellow/Red I am assuming this one will work for remote
Radio Mute - Yellow/Black (VT onwards)
Antenna up - White (VR onwards)
Antenna down - Blue (VR onwards)
Illumination OUTPUT - Grey (VT onwards) Output?

Speakers
Front Left (+) - Tan
Front Left (-) - Grey
Front Right (+) - Light/Green
Front Right (-) - Dark/Green
I will be wiring my hi-lo converter to the fronts.
Rear Left (+) - Brown/Black
Rear Left (-) - Yellow/Blue
Rear Right (+) - Blue/Orange
Rear Right (-) - Blue/Black

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
So how are you going to run the LCA's? Do you have a line out converter?

samuel.scott93

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT SPAC 3.8 Manual
I mentioned I have everything else figured out. I have a converter, the necessary splitters, cables, tools etc. I just need to figure out which wire I can use as the remote on/off for the amp from the stock head unit.

Danielzke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy
Just need a constant 12V. I did an install on my mates car with a stock headunit. We used the ciggie lighter as the remote on/off.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Just need a constant 12V. I did an install on my mates car with a stock headunit. We used the ciggie lighter as the remote on/off.

fi you used a constant 12v, the amp would be powered 24/7.

you need accesories power, so the yellow wire on headunit, or the 12v wire on the cigarette lighter socket.

the yellow/red is only powered when the unit is on "radio" switch to cd, and it loses power.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Yellow wire seems to be the go. It's bugger all voltage so even the cigarette lighter could be used as said.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
fi you used a constant 12v, the amp would be powered 24/7.

you need accesories power, so the yellow wire on headunit, or the 12v wire on the cigarette lighter socket.

the yellow/red is only powered when the unit is on "radio" switch to cd, and it loses power.

^^^^^ nailed it

samuel.scott93

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT SPAC 3.8 Manual
Thanks for all your answers. We went to install the subs yesterday but it started raining half way through. When we removed the power to fit the main power cable running to the amp, it dropped the head unit into a security lock. I have 2 codes in my manual but neither of them work. It's less trouble to get an aftermarket head unit with the remote lead there already.
I know the eurovox units are coded on a per unit basis, there wouldn't be a master unlock code?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Thanks for all your answers. We went to install the subs yesterday but it started raining half way through. When we removed the power to fit the main power cable running to the amp, it dropped the head unit into a security lock. I have 2 codes in my manual but neither of them work. It's less trouble to get an aftermarket head unit with the remote lead there already.
I know the eurovox units are coded on a per unit basis, there wouldn't be a master unlock code?

GM can give you the code based off your VIN, there is no master code otherwise it'd be the worlds worst kept secret.

samuel.scott93

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT SPAC 3.8 Manual
Its not likely to be the original head unit considering the 2 codes in the book don't work... In theory there should only be about 1300 different combinations.... and I can try 3 times every hour..... So.... bruteforce method, going at it for 24 hours a day, I can knock it over in under 2 months...