Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Super6 Running Costs

jtsaus

Reaction score
Members Ride
Still Searching!
Im looking at a Supercharged VT S pack, and i was just wondering if anyone could give me some information on the running costs for these? I know that they need to run on premium unleaded, but is there anythign else i need to know about?
Cheers

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
insurance.

and well you already said it fuel.

you can put them on gas, but I wouldn't, you have to use direct injection as far as I know and it is expensive. so not worth the cost unless you keep the car for a long time.

When I bought mine, I would have bought a gen3, but it cost a fair bit more at the time. If I was buying today I would go for a gen 3.

I'm not trying to talking you out of a supercharged 6, I love mine. Just one of those people that always want more power.

jtsaus

Reaction score
Members Ride
Still Searching!
whats fuel economy like on them? i checked redbook and apparently its the same as the non supercharged which i doubt it would be

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
it is the same, im getting about 550km out of a tank on mixed city/highway driving with a heavy foot

180sc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais & vh sl
i reckon they are better then n/a econamy wise, we get 550-600k out of a tank city with hevy right foot but get 750+ on highway and thats 10psi dual 2.5" cat back and 3.45 gears.

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
wow your foot must not be as heavy as mine, I can get mine down to 300k out of a tank, 65l if I drive it that way in the city. I normally get around 500 for 65l. I don't believe it is the same as the na 6. haven't owned a na 6. But it comes back to the fact that the 6 or 8 is able to be put on gas. thats where the real saving will be over time. and the 8 will give decent power still. for the gas you need for the sc6 it is expensive and possibley dangerous? to install, have.

wogstyler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim sc L67
my L67 is the same if not a bit better on fuel on the higway compared to my old vs na v6!! But wen i start playing the fuel gauge drops pretty quick. On the weekend i managed to get 350km to half a tank on the highway. (cruise control set on 105km/hr).
Now other cost involved are servicing, I change oil and filter every 5000km and the oil is bout $60-$70 a bottle plus a filter $15-$20. This all depends on the mods and condition of your motor.
I didnt even look at a ls1 wen i bought mine because they dont have the throttle response youll get from your l67, and power wise I have flogged a vz 6.0ltr ss ute.

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
yeh i love the way the l67 is a really torquey motor, and i was the same lol i didnt even look at ls1's either, went straight for the l67

jtsaus

Reaction score
Members Ride
Still Searching!
Ok then, also, its a 2000 with 222,300 on the clock, thats about average right?

tk55

Reaction score
Members Ride
'98 vt berlina
nah....average person should only do between 10-15k a yr in my opinion. that's above average, although not excessive :)