Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Supercharged Engine - Where Can I Find This Hose?

Hatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series 1 Supercharged Calais
Hi Guys and Gals,
I posted here last week about my VT V6 Supercharged Calais that had a creeping temp gauge and then the temp would return to normal and thought it might be a faulty thermostat.

I ended up biting the bullet and pulling the thermostat out. I agree with all the threads that it wasn't easy but overall, it was okay.

I haven't put it all back together yet because I broke one of the vacuum hoses that runs the cruise control and can't find one.
There is a diaphram on the passenger side of the car that operates the cruise control and it has a couple of hoses running to it. One is a rubber one that goes back to the supercharger and there is also another one that has two 90 degree ends and a plastic hose. This is the one that's broken and no longer availabe from Holden. Holden said they are worth $7.50, but don't make them anymore!!

Any idea where I can find one or have one made? I called a couple of wreckers in Sydney and they just laughed at me!

My other question is, could I use a rubber hose instead of the plastic one? Just a thought but if that could have been done, wouldn't Holden have done that themselves?

Any help anyone can provide would be great. If someone has one, happy to buy it off them?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 762

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
4mm Vac hose from any auto store is good

gm1961

Reaction score
Hi All

yes as above,the generic hose will be fine, most decent petrol stations with workshops would have a roll of it and would cut some of for you ( maybe free even )

i dont know why some hoses would be rubber and some plastic,i am guessing the plastic will not suck in on itself , but that is why there are vacum hoses, they have bracing moulded inside the rubber
( just like fuel hose , it is rubber hose but the rubber does not react with fuel and go hard and crack )

regards
george

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Supercheap has 4mm, I bough a metre of it and replaced all the small vac hoses that had perished fittings, GM wanted an arm and a leg for the end fittings, bugger that, replaced the hoses and no more vac leaks. :)

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
16 years is a good run for any vacuum hose, the vacuum hose on our VX cracked and needed replacing with the non genuine hose.

VTL67Calais

Vtl67 calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT L67 Calais blue
I used from bunnings uv stabilised low density riser tube 4mm, i had to use a screw driver to make the ends a bit wider to dir over the end but you could gat a small amount of 3mm to attach over each end. I also used for a cracked vacume rubber a $2 puncture repair kit for bike tyres, and then used tiny zip ties to make sure its tight and no leaks. If you have one that is ok compar your new one to the one that works by blowing in it and putting your finger over the end blocking the air to check for leaks. It is impossible to find this part arrgh.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
That line pictured is only the over temp bypass line, 99% is is doing nothing except letting the diaphragm breathe to atmosphere. The solenoids are known to give trouble so some people just disconnect and leave off.

VTL67Calais

Vtl67 calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT L67 Calais blue
Mixed comments on bypass

That line pictured is only the over temp bypass line, 99% is is doing nothing except letting the diaphragm breathe to atmosphere. The solenoids are known to give trouble so some people just disconnect and leave off.

I had mine bypassing the soilenoid and blocked off where the boost comes out and haven't noticed it to be much different, in the process of trying both over a distance to check economy power etc. Ive read it stays on boost if you by pass and either out in a boost gauge on the tree or cable tie it off. So will go back to the other way just got some more 4mm and attaching it to the ends of the plastic hose about 2 inches each end so it doesnt bend on it self.

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 vx commofore
solenoids
I just broke that line on mine n trust me it does more then you think my L67 won't idel it almost stalls n I'm hunting down those silly elbows myself I did try a piece of vac hose on it but it seemed to link up because of how close it is to the elbow n same on the solenoid end too