Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT suspension upgrades + other essentials?

venomous

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Commodore
Ive already orded the below stuff but was wondering if the VT has any other MUST do common suspension items that should be replaced, or certain bushes.

Superlow King Springs
KHFL-47SL
KHRL-46HD

Monror GT Shocks / Struts

35-0393
35-0394
15-0232

At the moment the car doesn't handle to badly and to be honest the stock suspension feels pretty good but it does still roll a bit and feels a bit heavy compared to other VT's ive owned.

also, i only just realised the shocks i orded are listed as "Monroe GT" but when i search for GT SPORT the same item number comes up, are they the same ?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
They are usually called GT gas ( maybe that's changed now)
Get new strut top bushes and bearings too.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
The strut top bearings will typically just fall apart when you take them out if they've never been replaced before. If they fall apart and you don't have anything to replace them wit you'll be in a bit of trouble. Worth the replacement while you've got everything apart.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
check condition of tie rod ends, and steering rack boots.

if you have the $$$ consider getting control arms, pre-installed with ball joints and control arm bushes (can get for $250 a pair)

but....castor rod bushes are a regular replacement item (can get for $60 a pair), as are the bushes on the front swaybar links (about $15 total)

H

harrop.senator

Rear nolathane diff bush.
Castor bushes are almost garaunteed to be worn unless replaced not long ago.
Check for tie rod play.
Change as many bushes to urethane as your prepared to.
If the car doesnt have an lsd that'll be almost as important to performance handling as suspension in my opinion.

venomous

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Commodore
Thanks for suggestions guys. My Sparesbox packages arrived today, i wont be installing this stuff until i can afford to replace some of these bushes you guys listed, along with a caster kit and some new strut top bearings, etc.

LSD is on the list of things to get but i cant seem to find a 3.45 lsd only the 3.07.

http://imgur.com/a/btMCd

H

harrop.senator

3.46 is the newer ratio maybe thats why it hasnt come up in the search. Btr75 gears were 3.45.