Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT tail lights

s1nge

Reaction score
Hi all, I got a VT series II executive, some reason the right tail light sometimes goes out and doesnt work. Its not the globe because i've changed it 3 times already, where the left tail light still works good. I heard it could be a wiring problem?? i was wonderin is it fixable? DIY?

-s1nge.

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Hi mate I just had this problem, check your fuses my problem was the brake switch cost like $13 brand new, and my other problem was my tail light wiring looms, got a pair from the wreckers and fixed my brake light problem. And make sure the globes are double din.

Just work around it, you will finally find your main problem.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
that's a bit of a Holden issue over the years, My old VP slightly does it, Even as far back as the VB:eek: One would be slightly dodgy.
I've always felt it's in the looms.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Its usually the earth's, if that doesn't fix it then it will almost always be the light socket holder. They tend to dirty up easy. A simple small wire brush scrub and some contact spray and is usually as good as new.

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
The original cream coloured wiring looms were of an inferior plastic and would always crack come apart over time and discolour further. on occasions the globe would fal out into the lense-the whole VT Tail light setup is pox copmpared to the VY/VZ series. How many time can you break the lense maginfier taking out the tail light??!!

Now Holden has released a new loom with more robust plastic better connections and sperated into Red and Yellow plugs for ease of sepration. Much better and no change in price.- under 20 bucks from memory. And easily doable yourself.

s1nge

Reaction score
thanks guys, i shall work around it.