Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt turbo start up

KalebM

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 3.8 commodore
It will be extremely hard to get driving nice with the maf in front of the turbo the delay between the throttle opening and the maf reading the change in air flow is drama same with when the throttle closes
Ok well the tune that was made up for the maf to be before, you say hard to get driving nice but would it have any affect on the starting of the car?
If thats the problem i can move it but will it mess with the tune?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
It should still kick but maybe not keep running without throttle if the maf is too far away does it have spark hasn't just drowned the plugs or something stupid

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
It will be extremely hard to get driving nice with the maf in front of the turbo the delay between the throttle opening and the maf reading the change in air flow is drama same with when the throttle closes

Is this a thing specific to this engine? Heaps of cars have this from the factory.

KalebM

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 3.8 commodore
It should still kick but maybe not keep running without throttle if the maf is too far away does it have spark hasn't just drowned the plugs or something stupid
So im checking tomorrow for spark tomorrow im going to get a thing that helps so i can use it later on as well. Also my thought in the maf is that no matter what it will read most of the air going into the throttle body but i get how it could effect it from being far away with all the air already in the intercooler pipin

KalebM

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 3.8 commodore
Car has to run to do this.

Did you check for spark?

Other easy ones are to swap your original memcal back in and see if it starts (it'll be fine idling), check your leads are in the right order, check your loom is plugged into the ECU properly if you took it out (I've been bitten by this before), lock and unlock the car (could be a disarm feature), make sure the CAS plug is in good and tight.

Also, you said you got the manifolds fabricated, you got pictures? (just out of curiosity)
Just read this again i forgot to try the lock and unlock so ill try that inthe morning, its still cranking tho so would that be saying its fine or could it just stop from actually starting?

KalebM

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 3.8 commodore
So i got spark and ill check the injectors out tomorrow when i got a mate to turn the key, they new from mace so kinda hope they aint the problem

KalebM

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 3.8 commodore
Just read this again i forgot to try the lock and unlock so ill try that inthe morning, its still cranking tho so would that be saying its fine or could it just stop from actually starting?
Any other tips when ive tried the old memcal and test the injectors? I may try some start your bastard at one point buy thats all i can think of

KalebM

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 3.8 commodore
Turns out its the memcal... so ive msg the guy i got it from to check things with him but what are the chances of driving it with bigger injectors bigger pump and old memcal? Feel like it wouldnt like it, i wouldnt thrash it till i get a tune