Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT V6 errors need help

dammit_billy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S V6 Manual
ok i have a 98 vt series 1 v6 manual running on straight gas it has a unifilter rampod and a sports exhaust now i have noticed the fuel economy sucks at the moment it is getting about 16L/100kms in the city and abou 12L/100kms on the highway so i check the error codes and it came up with:

19 TPS (sticking open)
35 idle speed error (IAC Valve unable to control idle speed)
44 LH oxygen sensor lean signal
45 RH oxygen sensor lean signal
65 LH oxygen sensor rich signal
76 AFR variation between left and right banks

now the oxygen sensors were changed about 3 months ago so were the plugs and leads. What do i need to change to fix all of these errors? and is there a better type of oxygen sensors i could use?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
ok i have a 98 vt series 1 v6 manual running on straight gas it has a unifilter rampod and a sports exhaust now i have noticed the fuel economy sucks at the moment it is getting about 16L/100kms in the city and abou 12L/100kms on the highway so i check the error codes and it came up with:

19 TPS (sticking open)
35 idle speed error (IAC Valve unable to control idle speed)
44 LH oxygen sensor lean signal
45 RH oxygen sensor lean signal
65 LH oxygen sensor rich signal
76 AFR variation between left and right banks

now the oxygen sensors were changed about 3 months ago so were the plugs and leads. What do i need to change to fix all of these errors? and is there a better type of oxygen sensors i could use?
I once bought cheap oxygen sensors on ebay and started getting error codes within a few weeks. Then I replaced them with better ones and had no problems.

dammit_billy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S V6 Manual
the oxygen sensors i got werent exactly cheap they were $160 dollars for the pair from auto pro. what brand did you get can anyone recomend a good brand for the oxygen sensors?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
I think my genuine holden O2 sensors were $160 ea
what type of gas system are you running? sequential or mixer
how is the gas system linked into ecu, can the ecu control the air/gas ratio

dammit_billy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S V6 Manual
it is a airod mixer system with a fully intergrated gas computer i dont know if the main computer conrols the afr but i was told that the oxygen sensors have a lot to do with the system running properly so i will have to change them again. with regards to the tps and iac valves do i need to replace them to get them to function correctly or will cleaning them be sufficient