Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT V6 stall and missing

holster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP BT1 V8
Hi,

My VT has just started to miss on acceleration sometimes. Light or heavy still does it.
Also can be idling, engine fan kicks in revs go up for a second then engine stumbles and stalls once in a while.
Can also be slow to crank when hot. I did remember something about the negative battery cable fault with the VT where the cable would break down when hot.
Hope this makes sense.

Cheers

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
Try checking your spark plug leads to see if anyof them are either open circuit or too high in resistance.

holster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP BT1 V8
Try checking your spark plug leads to see if any of them are either open circuit or too high in resistance.

Sorry meant to put in my post that I have just recently changed Fuel Pump, Leads and Plugs, CAS and DFI Module.

holster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP BT1 V8
Coil packs changed with DFI ?
New fuel filter with pump ?

Yep new filter as well.
Didn't change coil pack but did change one that had cracked a few weeks back.
Will check them again.

adam10_1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore S2 Ute Manual
Also can be idling, engine fan kicks in revs go up for a second then engine stumbles and stalls once in a while.
Can also be slow to crank when hot. I did remember something about the negative battery cable fault with the VT where the cable would break down when hot.
Hope this makes sense.

Cheers
Could perhaps be alternator related,

Like the ecu doesnt get the right voltage, (like the fan puts too much strain on the electrics) and then stalls out.

And yes, there is a large wire on the back of the alternator which does degrade, I had one let go on me and luckily i only noticed because of battery going flat.

D

devilly

check battery and all connectors ,check spark plugs,vacuum leak check 3 hoses at rear of motor,put in fuel injector cleaner could have a blocked injector.also disconnect battery then check the nut on the back of alternator make sure its tight.