Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt v6 Uni joint replacement

S/K Commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive S2 9c1
Hey guys,

Just checking in to see if anyone has any ideas at all or red my last post?
Wasn’t sure if it’s too long to read or not.
I was just trying to provide as much detail as possible, but if it’s too long, just skim through to get an idea or tell me and I will shorten it.
I just would appreciate advice or opinions in desperate need.
Please have a read and let me know.

Cheers

Hole Denn

Reaction score
Members Ride
HoleDens
Hey guys,
Now the few questions.

Problem 1-
Problem 2-
Problem 3-

Thank you very much and again, I apologise for the long as **** post.
1 Worn/broken gearbox/engine mounts can cause movements/clunk sound
Gearbox shift solenoids/fluid issues and general wear and tear from high mileage
Diff pinion bearing/crush sleeve and preload incorrect

2 Possible steering rack as you replaced pump and issues still there.
Possible steering pump as you didn”t say whether new or second hand and they could be faulty.
Possible leaking reservoir cap/seal or even cracked upper plastic allowing air in.

3 Ex cop car = abuse and quicker wear and tear regardless of milage or whether you baby car around.
Did you put the extra large different thickness washers in with bush es renewal??
Yes Mackay are a cheaper soft rubber bush @ wont last long as too soft.

I suspecting you have a bent strut bar and from incorrect torque on caster bushes in doing the damage from when you hit dip in road.
Replace the sh*t Mackay with good SuperPro bushes and most importantly since you haven”t mentioned anything about a wheel alignment after all those other front end items were replaced. So get a wheel alignment and they will tell you if any parts are dodgy or if you have structural damage from hits especially with the ex cop car past history of abuse.

The important wheel alignment might also help with the 1 @ steering since you need one after changing tie rod ends/caster bushes.

S/K Commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive S2 9c1
Gearbox shift solenoids/fluid issues and general wear and tear from high mileage

Possible steering pump as you didn”t say whether new or second hand and they could be faulty.
Possible leaking reservoir cap/seal or even cracked upper plastic allowing air in.

3 Ex cop car = abuse and quicker wear and tear regardless of milage or whether you baby car around.
Did you put the extra large different thickness washers in with bush es renewal??

I suspecting you have a bent strut bar and from incorrect torque on caster bushes in doing the damage from when you hit dip in road.
Replace the sh*t Mackay with good SuperPro bushes and most importantly since you haven”t mentioned anything about a wheel alignment after all those other front end items were replaced. So get a wheel alignment and they will tell you if any parts are dodgy or if you have structural damage from hits especially with the ex cop car past history of abuse.

The important wheel alignment might also help with the 1 @ steering since you need one after changing tie rod ends/caster bushes.

1- Power steering pump brand new, I would never ever go second hand mechanical parts, never have and never will.
2- All bushes, ball joints and everything that requires torque no matter what it is, all gets torqued to correct specs in correct way every time.
3- Tbh, I disagree with the ex cop car part.
Yes being an ex cop car generally means being flogged and **** so yeah maybe it was many years ago. But just because being an ex cop car getting flogged or any car that’s been flogged, does not mean at all that it’s fucked or bent chassis.
If bent chassis, it wouldn’t be on the road at all and how it’s looked after by another owner can turn around and end up being a car that lasts a long time if well maintained and serviced.
If flogged and continuously flogged then yes, not gonna last but if becomes being looked after well and all, being an ex cop car does not make it necessary fucked coz it all comes down to the current owner.
So yes it’s ex cop car, yes would of previously flogged, BUT since me owning it and always serviced regularly and ALL repairs done straight away and correctly with correct torque, the car turns from flogged and **** to looked after and running well except when things need replacing which then gets done.
So at the end of the day, regardless of previous owners, it’s about current owner and how they treat it to whether it’s a **** car or good car.
4- Anytime anything to do with front suspension or steering, wheel alignment is always performed no matter what.
Whether it’s done once every couple months or every week, any part of steering and front suspension is replace, always get a wheel alignment.
And a matter of fact, every time a wheel alignment is performed, I always ask and check to make sure everything is good and has been done correctly prior to alignment, and every single time it’s been done, the feedback is great, nothing wrong at all, everything is correct and sometimes done even better than the shop could do, as I always make sure it’s all done correctly and triple check and confirmed when alignment is done with only brand new parts and never second hand.
And last of all with the washers, it’s all replaced with the same, so never different size washers or anything, all the exact same, put in all the exact same way and all correct and torqued correctly with again ALL brand new parts with full alignment performed after every single replacement with never once skipped or forgotten.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The only differences between a cop car and a normal car is, a cop car is always serviced on time or near enough to and 2ndly, it's almost a given it has had a hard life...

A normal car....Pot luck with service history and whether it has had a hard life or not.

FWIW, I do own an ex-cop car and have no problems owning it, or anyone owning one

Hole Denn

Reaction score
Members Ride
HoleDens
1- Power steering pump brand new, I would never ever go second hand mechanical parts, never have and never will.
2- All bushes, ball joints and everything that requires torque no matter what it is, all gets torqued to correct specs in correct way every time.
3- Tbh, I disagree with the ex cop car part.
Yes being an ex cop car generally means being flogged and **** so yeah maybe it was many years ago. But just because being an ex cop car getting flogged or any car that’s been flogged, does not mean at all that it’s fucked or bent chassis.
If bent chassis, it wouldn’t be on the road at all and how it’s looked after by another owner can turn around and end up being a car that lasts a long time if well maintained and serviced.
If flogged and continuously flogged then yes, not gonna last but if becomes being looked after well and all, being an ex cop car does not make it necessary fucked coz it all comes down to the current owner.
So yes it’s ex cop car, yes would of previously flogged, BUT since me owning it and always serviced regularly and ALL repairs done straight away and correctly with correct torque, the car turns from flogged and **** to looked after and running well except when things need replacing which then gets done.
So at the end of the day, regardless of previous owners, it’s about current owner and how they treat it to whether it’s a **** car or good car.
4- Anytime anything to do with front suspension or steering, wheel alignment is always performed no matter what.
Whether it’s done once every couple months or every week, any part of steering and front suspension is replace, always get a wheel alignment.
And a matter of fact, every time a wheel alignment is performed, I always ask and check to make sure everything is good and has been done correctly prior to alignment, and every single time it’s been done, the feedback is great, nothing wrong at all, everything is correct and sometimes done even better than the shop could do, as I always make sure it’s all done correctly and triple check and confirmed when alignment is done with only brand new parts and never second hand.
And last of all with the washers, it’s all replaced with the same, so never different size washers or anything, all the exact same, put in all the exact same way and all correct and torqued correctly with again ALL brand new parts with full alignment performed after every single replacement with never once skipped or forgotten.
I just would appreciate advice or opinions in desperate need.
Wow you ask/would appreciate advise which was given and you come back bangingggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg on about how everything is immaculately maintained and serviced and imply that I said your ex cop car was “f*cked and bent chassis.”

You need to learn not to waste your breathe arguing and banging on and understand that you asked for some advice which if you don”t like it and react with your b/s thinking, you have 1 choice @ take it or leave it, I don”t give a pigeon”s poo what you think or do.

Next time learn some respect and say Thank you for your kind advice as you said you were in desperate need and nobody else could be bothered to answer your novel length explanation of how well you maintain the basic servicing everybody does to their cars.

My help is no longer available to offer you assistance.
Your reply indicates that everything is ok yet you seem to have issues after your handy work.

Good Luck with your quest sir, may you find answers that suit your long novel/story.

S/K Commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive S2 9c1
Wow you ask/would appreciate advise which was given and you come back bangingggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg on about how everything is immaculately maintained and serviced and imply that I said your ex cop car was “f*cked and bent chassis.”

You need to learn not to waste your breathe arguing and banging on and understand that you asked for some advice which if you don”t like it and react with your b/s thinking, you have 1 choice @ take it or leave it, I don”t give a pigeon”s poo what you think or do.

Next time learn some respect and say Thank you for your kind advice as you said you were in desperate need and nobody else could be bothered to answer your novel length explanation of how well you maintain the basic servicing everybody does to their cars.

My help is no longer available to offer you assistance.
Your reply indicates that everything is ok yet you seem to have issues after your handy work.

Good Luck with your quest sir, may you find answers that suit your long novel/story.
Wow, what the actual ****?????
Yes I asked for advice and opinion on a couple things, yes.
But I never once asked for a smart ass opinion or advice about an “ex cop car” and what they like. Did I ever ask, what is an ex cop car like? Or what people think of them mechanically as if I’m looking at buying one???? No I ******* didn’t!!!!!!
I simply asked a few ******* questions about 2 cars and me mentioning the only few main differences like saying one was ex cop, that’s ******* it!!!!!!
So next time before running your ******* motor mouth, actually read the post first because like you said about a novel, yes I will admit it was a long post, but at least there was as much detail as ******* possible unlike others that say a couple lines and expect people will know.
I would think people on here would actually understand and agree with half of brain that any person that has half a brain of knowledge about cars know that the more details about problems that is provided is much better and easier to help work out problems compared to **** all information.
Also, just because I did and do repairs myself but some are still there, does not ******* mean I don’t know **** and also mean I know everything.
For a start, not one mechanic out there even fully qualified for many ******* years know everything about every car on the road, regardless of experience and qualifications, everyone needs advice and help coz their not perfect and if you think you are and know everything like your acting, your ******* kidding yourself and may as well throw in the towel of even going near a motor coz people like that who think they know everything will just either hurt or kill someone or themselves as they to pig headed to admit they can be wrong or need help coz they don’t know something, coz asking for help/advice or admitting u need it due to being stuck is called ******* NORMAL!!!!!!!
And tbh I don’t give a rats ass on ur thoughts at all, not because of ur advice, it’s coz YOUR the one who has no ******* respect and doesn’t know how to simply give advice or help except to criticise and run the ******* mouth like some king **** that thinks u know everything and what u say is truth. There is a difference between ur opinion and facts and ur problem is that u think ur opinion is facts and that’s where if u think that right, well u have another thing coming or just need to go and re read the books and start over as the way ur going, well I can see where u will end up, in the gutter coz u thought u knew it all but instead u didn’t coz u forgot a simple thing like fitting a steering rack bolt coz u were soooo ******* pig headed that u know everything and better than everyone else.
And I do maintain the basics, you know why I know, coz I ******* learn and listen to people and not ignore people. I actually ask and listen, not act king **** and say **** everyone coz I know it. That’s how we learn by asking and listening not criticise and being a ******* motor mouth smart ass. You should try it and maybe you will learn something before you really **** up badly.
Everything was ok and even when asking for advice was still ok coz even when asking for advice after own work is normal, but obviously ur from plant cock stain and think that coz someone does their own work, it’s always solved regardless of doing the job right, when just because a job was done and correct, it doesn’t always mean the problem is solved so people ask as they get stuck.
Where you being mr know it all should know that problems on a car can and do have the same symptoms that other parts have, just like a crank angle sensor, a failing CAS has the same symptoms as like a fuel pump, coil packs, CAM sensor and ****. So just because there are signs of a problem, does not always mean it’s only the one thing as it could be other things so that is why there is a such thing called DIAGNOSTIC procedure like a ******* scan tool and pressure tester, test light and multi meters. These types of equipment were manufactured for a ******* reason called diagnostic procedure coz people that don’t act king **** and know no one is perfect, make mistakes and ask coz there is no such ******* thing called psychic, and unless ur psychic that can solve it all then well ******* done, coz then you can call yourself PERFECT and I would then gladly say thank you. But I bet ur like is all and make mistakes, ask for help and more, u just don’t like admitting that as u would rather believe u know it all and in that case, go right ahead, whatever helps u sleep at night, I just know that if u ever own a business in mechanics, I would hate to see what cars end up like with ur so called brain coz I would rather send my car to a back yard mechanic if I had to coz at least they learn and ask so I would at least have a safer car than someone that acts king **** thinking they know it all.
And I know I will get help and advice from people that are not a smart ass and **** because unlike you, people appreciate and rather a “novel” with as much detail so they have something to work with and not a mission in ******* possible coz **** all detail was provided and those people are called true mechanics, not king **** mechanics.
So at the end of the day, I was grateful with advice of questions I ask about a few problems on mainly 1 car, NOT opinions on what “ex cop” cars are like.
Obviously you need to learn ******* respect, and still to the actual questions asked and not comment on things that were not asked. I think if u actually put ur glasses on, pulled your head out of ur ass without talking ****, maybe your head won’t spin like a ******* shaft and be able to read properly for a start and also learn a thing or 2 instead of always trying to be motor mouth fuckwit thinking ur above everyone. You really need to learn how to read a post properly, answer and give advice properly to questions that are asked and give ur thoughts about other **** that wasn’t asked to yourself, maybe try that instead before opening ur trap coz as I hope u know, the world has changed, so people don’t and won’t take **** like that lightly and do become very nasty and not over message either, I have seen it happen so much coz people trash talk others about their cars and work they do that it really fires people up and u will be surprised what they do.
I never have to worry about that as I have a little thing called respect that I learnt in many ways especially MMA where respect and discipline and much more is learnt big and people respect that back. So really think about what u call respect and where it will get you coz if u think ur reply is called respect, well ****, ur got another thing coming as it will come back and bite u in the ass so hard and fast, u wouldn’t even think twice on replying with another ******* smart ass cock stain comment.
So don’t worry, I won’t be for sure asking for YOUR advice again, as I know I will have help and solve these things coz people actually listen and I actually listen and learn coz that is how people become successful. So go trash talk to someone else and see where it gets you as I can already guess. So if I were u, I would quit given advice, learn **** for yourself and get actual knowledge that is helpful or real before even thinking about giving out advice coz lippy cunts and smart fucks like you are only good for one thing which is
KEYBOARD ******* WARRIOR!!!!!!!!
So I’m gonna remove post coz apparently normal advice is impossible and **** tart cock stain cunts with lippy ******* mouths over a ******* key board coz they sooo ******* tough and not giving a rats ass on what people say and rather be smart ass mouthy cunts. Enjoy that and see where u end up coz I know where.
Soooo peace out and enjoy self with ur motor mouth as obviously that’s all and only motor you must know how to service and maintain if your “MOTOR ******* MOUTH”!!!!!!!!

Hole Denn

Reaction score
Members Ride
HoleDens
So I’m gonna remove post coz apparently normal advice is impossible and **** tart cock stain cunts with lippy ******* mouths over a ******* key board coz they sooo ******* tough and not giving a rats ass on what people say and rather be smart ass mouthy cunts. Enjoy that and see where u end up coz I know where.
Soooo peace out and enjoy self with ur motor mouth as obviously that’s all and only motor you must know how to service and maintain if your “MOTOR ******* MOUTH”!!!!!!!!
Looks like you don"t know the KISS PRINCIPLE :D
Keep
It
Simple
Stupid