Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt vx factory fog light switch wiring

impostervt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
Hi guys and gals, I am in the middle of wiring up fog lights in my vt. Now I don't have the factory wiring there. I do how ever have the factory switch and 4 wire plug that goes to it and the factory plugs for the lights the lights themselves. My question is can some one simply tell what the 4 wires on the switch are for. The rest i can in my sleep I just cant find what the wires are for and i want to make it as factory looking inside as possible. Tia

impostervt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
Awesome ill have to check it out cant get it clear enough on my phone

impostervt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
Also this gonna sound very weird but can some simple it down for me. I really have no idea what im looking at

Timmah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
It doesn't really simple down much mate. It isn't like an aftermarket set of spotties that just need power/accessories/headlight signal/ground. They're connected to the headlights, headlight switch, which then talks to the BCM... This is so they'll go off like the headlights do when you turn off the car, and turn on/off when the lights are set to auto.

impostervt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
I don't want to wire into the system as factory, I know i wont be able to do that my self. this what i want to do. Parkers from headlight switch - power wire at factory fog light switch. (which I have the 4 wire plug and x amount of wiring to). switch - relay then on like any other aftermarket kit. I just need to know which is which at the switch and unfortunately I don't understand the diagram enough to do that.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
This should get you in shape......

Fine print.....
Just remember. Anyone using advice and suggestions posted on this Forum,
do so at there own risk.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Oh yeah.....
With that blue wire. Don't cut it, just spice the fog light switch wire into it, as it shows in the diagram above.