Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT-VX Power antenna grommet removal?

Gabster118

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina SII V6 3.8L
Hey guys,
I'm repainting my front guard in a few days time, I wanted to remove the little plastic grommet that surrounds the antenna itself.
I want to do a proper job so instead of just masking around it I actually want to remove it.
Question is, is it possible to remove this grommet without taking the guard off?
I slid a couple of screwdrivers under it and its a bit loose now but I cant pop it off.
I'm assuming the tip of the antenna keeps it in so I had the antenna extended but still no luck.

If I can't remove this without having to take the guard off then I'll just mask it off.

Cheers.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
As MR_VX says, the grommet is held onto the guard by a clip located near the high side of the grommet. You need to remove plastic inner guard liner to access the bottom of the guard, release the clip and push the grommet up out of the guard.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Im not going to repeat what the other two already said.The pic should do the trick.

Attachments

• 17 02-Feb-13 12.24 AM.jpg
    17 02-Feb-13 12.24 AM.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 597