Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[General] [VT/VX/VY/VZ/VE] Everything to know about OBD2 (ELM327) Diagnostic Cables

evilstuie

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 TransAM
As promised... pics :p

Still have a bit to go, but should be able to test the DashCommand and HUD together over the weekend and see how it goes.
I have a OBD2 splitter cable and switches on each end so I can turn one off if it's inteferring with the other.

I need to splice another connector in so I can connect it to the incar-PC and then log all the comms to see the device IDs and what/where it craps out, but should be fun to test it :)

Haven't installed the left side touch screen yet, still have some A/C stuff behind that panel to sort out and route before I put that screen in.
Also have some fiber-optic edge lighting to put on the center console and dahs to hide some of my shitty upholstering.

dash.jpg

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
As promised... pics :p

Still have a bit to go, but should be able to test the DashCommand and HUD together over the weekend and see how it goes.
I have a OBD2 splitter cable and switches on each end so I can turn one off if it's inteferring with the other.

I need to splice another connector in so I can connect it to the incar-PC and then log all the comms to see the device IDs and what/where it craps out, but should be fun to test it :)

Haven't installed the left side touch screen yet, still have some A/C stuff behind that panel to sort out and route before I put that screen in.
Also have some fiber-optic edge lighting to put on the center console and dahs to hide some of my shitty upholstering.

View attachment 252307
Nice ! You must be having lots of fun working on it. What is the big screen? Just a touch pc monitor ?

evilstuie

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 TransAM
Nice ! You must be having lots of fun working on it. What is the big screen? Just a touch pc monitor ?
Yeah center screen is a 24" touch screen, left one was a 19.5" commercial android tablet with a non-upgradeable 4.2 android version so I gutted it and installed a display adapter and touch screen interface. Gauges are 10" touch android tablet, and then double DIN touch head unit.

Sorry just realised that image was before the weekend's update :p

2_stroke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Does the automatic transmission in a vz ls1 use can or aldl ?