Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] VT-VZ Airbag Suspension kit, Only 3 Months old

Cryan

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 Monaro 7 Litre 6 SPD, 74 SLR torana, 2010 MPS 3
and yes kit can be engineered with self levelling to my understanding, it didnt bother me, if having a street legal airbagged car is for you, let me explain what fully engineerable self levelling involves, the car can NOT be adjusted while moving, only when parked, it cannot be less then 10 cm off the ground at any time, even with 3 sumos in the back, you cannot park it on the side of the road fully dropped or half up, half down, so if you want fully engineerable bags then be my guest, go spend over 4 grand and get the fully engineerable KIT then pay 1500 for install, and another 900 for engineers, i did my homework before i got this kit, and if you want the kit engineered, you basically cant do anything while driving or on public roads, without it being a defect, if on the other hand you buy a non engineerable kit, then get defected, all you have to do is pull the front struts out and the rear drop in bags, put stanard suspension back in(leave the airlines and compressor and evverything else still in the car, only remove the front struts and rear DROP IN bags), then get it cleared, and then put the air struts and rear bags back in, not hard

hsv_timo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
dude still have not recieved the pictures of compressor and valves and the front stut assembly guessing that they are the weak double bags not the good quality triple bags and the chinese valves and small compressor

holdenhero

Car idiot
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT
Hey, dont start having a go at me buddy, its only fair to tell people that its going to be illegal as is.

The cheapest reputable self levelling I've found is DAKOTA DIGITAL SELF LEVELLING SYSTEM WITH HEIGHT SENSORS - DW Customs however yeah I'm sure you could probably find it for around $1000.

I'm not aware of everything you just mentioned and some things dont make complete sence to me however I'm not here to get into a big arguement with you about the legalities, if anyone is planning on purchasing it and making it legal then they should speak to an engineer, and not take our internet gospel as exact legal documentation, remember, each state has different rules and regulations.

In saying all this, I'm not telling anyone not to buy it guys - the reason I keep looking back into this thread is that initially I was very interested and then with all of the legalities it killed some of my spirit but I'm still slightly interested... I'm actually really surprized this kit is anywhere near the $1700 mark...

PS. My VT is completely engineered, from the turbo and right down to the exhaust size and rim width.

Chickenboi999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Sportswagon S2
god dammit, how much u sell for man? wish i seen this, kit im lookin at is $3000 with a 9 switch box then gotta get install & certificate for em, so just wonderin how much u got for em?

Chickenboi999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Sportswagon S2
:'( that sucks big time

alexlove

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx/vp berlina
just interested in how much you ended up selling them for?