Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT-VZ Owners! Questions regarding 2100kg towing kit

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
I have no support, bracket or aftermarket bolts in my vy boot or tyre well. It's a wagon and my tow bar is not 2100 though. Two bolts in tyre well are factory fitted and can be seen under bumper about 10cm apart. Bracket to these bolts, tow bar to bracket. Dunno about sedan setup or additional heavy duty bracing. Check for two bolts? Buy a secondhanderr and install yourself,if up buy the right one it only fits one way.

My smoking vn tranny was moving coffs-brissy with a 13 x 7 dual axle servo special. Whole house of stuff. No tranny cooler and about every hour we stopped for smoke coming up between engine andfire wall. Made it no worries, two years later tranny started slipping into neutral when hammering up hills and tranny place said every internal part was melted to ****. Bought a reco one. I was 18 moving from high school to uni and now I'm an architect and would probably do the same again, it was awesome funand now it's a top story.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
I have no support, bracket or aftermarket bolts in my vy boot or tyre well. It's a wagon and my tow bar is not 2100 though. Two bolts in tyre well are factory fitted and can be seen under bumper about 10cm apart. Bracket to these bolts, tow bar to bracket. Dunno about sedan setup or additional heavy duty bracing. Check for two bolts? Buy a secondhanderr and install yourself,if up buy the right one it only fits one way.

My smoking vn tranny was moving coffs-brissy with a 13 x 7 dual axle servo special. Whole house of stuff. No tranny cooler and about every hour we stopped for smoke coming up between engine andfire wall. Made it no worries, two years later tranny started slipping into neutral when hammering up hills and tranny place said every internal part was melted to ****. Bought a reco one. I was 18 moving from high school to uni and now I'm an architect and would probably do the same again, it was awesome funand now it's a top story.

Yep, 1200kg and 1600kg have no bracing, the 2100kg has bracing to spread the load out. I'm looking second hand, I'm in no rush so will keep an eye out. Otherwise it seems new cost is $850 fitted, so maybe $750 and I'll fit it myself.

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
Call wreckers, mine was $90 with plug and play wiring and I think heavy duty was $140. Easy to fit, especially if you have to take it off at the wreckers.