Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Wagon middle seatbelt troubles

benjen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
Hey all,
just wondering if anyone can help me,
some previous owner decided to cut the middle rear seatbelt because it must have got stuck when they put their rear seat down.

so im in the process of fitting a new one but i cant work out how i get the latch to fit through the small slot in the top of the metal seat part, which is obviously the seatbelt guide as its plastic and is right where the seatbelt go through the seat foam and cover.
anyone have any tips? manual has no info either. i wouldnt normally worry but i have kids which need the middle seat.
thanks

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
If it's anything like the sedan in the way like the seatbelt goes thrugh the little plastic guide on the rear shelf, then as far as i know i thought the seatbelt come's with that pre fitted, There is no way to either get it on or off so if it break's & you worry about cosmetic's you have to buy a new seatbelt with one that is still attached.

Sorry i dont have much experiance with wagon's. Im just going by what the sedan has.

benjen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
no its not the cosmetic bit on the outside of the seat, its part of the main seat frame.
it has to go through it otherwise the belt would be rubbing against steel and foam. i just cant work out how its assembled.

ian

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina wagon
i had the same problem with my last vt wagon
i had to remove the seat base then there are plastic covers at each end where the rear wheel arches
are that should give you access to the pivot points for the seat rear squab that has to come out as well
that should allow you to get to the problem , some times by gently tapping the inertia reel while putting [pressure on the belt frees it up
hope this helps
ian

Punter68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series 1 Executive wagon
had the same issue

Had the same issue $70 at wrecker for the top seat replacement with working belt and same colour apholstery.
1 Hour to fit done.

I couldn't work out the same issue and had three other people look at it also.