Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT wagon seat belt

mser7

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt wagon
Hi, ive just bought a 99 VT Wagon. There is a problem with the middle seat belt in the back seats. It wont retract or extend. I have tried to pull off the front padding and cover of the seats to access it, but the release clip at the top seat restricts me from doing this. I was just wondering if anybody knows how to get the plastic clip up/out of the seat so I can pull down the front cover.
Cheers

totality

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina wagon 5.0 litre
if you try to take off the cargo cover then you will break it every time when removing.
on my 98 VT wagon there is a little cover around the seat belt attatched to the seat try to take that off by pressing the clips on either side of the cover.
you might get a better veiw by doing this.
good luck.

ScottB_33

Go Hard or Go Home
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina Supercharged
Have had a customers car with this exact same problem and believe you me it is the most stupidest setup you will ever see to repair. There is NO cover for the seatbelt. It is built right into the seat itself and is very expensive to repair as the seat must be removed and dismantled to replace the seatbelt. If you had known this before you purchased, may have negotiated a much better deal as the cost to repair is expensive!!! and it is a rego item that has to be repaired. Sorry but no easy fix for that one.