Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT wiring diagram

X

Xbcoupe

hi all, im putting in a new head unit for some friends who have a VT and i don't have the wiring diagram, just wondering if anyone can help me out?? my email is [email protected]

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
Orange = constant 12V
yellow = accesories
Black = earth
Brown/white = illumination
yellow/red = elec aerial
dark green & light green = front right (DG-)
tan & grey = front left (G-)
dark/black & blue red = rear right (DB-)
brown/black & yellow/blue = rear left (YB-)
Yellow/black = mute

X

Xbcoupe

Thanks

ok thankyou very much, just one other ? is it hard to remove the original stereo ie. do u need to pull half the dash out? ive doneplenty of installs just never in a commodore.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Get a metal coathanger, cut it in two bits, and bend them around. See those holes in the sides of the HU? Stick the ends of the bits of the coathanger in those holes, and push them in as far as you can. Then, simply grab the bits, and pull the HU straight out, as if the bits of the coathanger were a handle for the HU.

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
Drop into any car audio shop and they should be able to just pop it out of the dash for you , then your away.
If you cant even get the deck out then I seriously suggest that you get it done professionally. Dont take offence they are not simple to do.

X

Xbcoupe

no offence taken but i hadn't even looked at the car yet and was just after any hints to make the job easier