Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT2 Calais boot garnish

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
Just to make sure before i make an ass of myself...

The chrome strip on the garnish of the vt calais... is the chrome and the garnish supposed to be ONE piece, as opposed to being able to just glue on the chrome strip

i hope that makes sense?

Photo-0124no.jpg

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
The HSV one i've seen, is a seperate piece. I'd assume the same would be for the Calais one, just glues (probably clips) on.

VSteve

Reaction score
I have the same question. Is it possible to remove the chrome strip without damaging the garnish? Has anyone done it before?

Outrune

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT1 Calais
I have the same question. Is it possible to remove the chrome strip without damaging the garnish? Has anyone done it before?

Off-topic slightly, but why not just sell the Calais garnish and buy a common-as-hell VT exec garnish instead?
sure you'd make a profit out of that too as VT2 Calais garnishes with the chrome strip are quite rare...

bricat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Calais 5.7 A4
Chrome strip cannot be removed in one piece. Or should I say I couldn't. Someone tried to remove mine when parked and damaged the chrome strip so I tried removing it with no luck. Cheaper to buy chev garnish than new from Holden.

muvro

TUFF 6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais S1 L67 A4
I believe they are glued on from the factory. I have seen them separated before but never done it myself. They do fit a S1 VT garnish though as I fitted one to my mates S1 calais. It had what looked like hot glue or something similar on the tabs that go under the edge. They can't be bought separately from Holden, you need to buy it as a complete unit and they (as said) cost a freakin fortune!!!

They pop up from time to time S/H pretty cheap.

hatziVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive
Does anyone know how much approximately these garnish's cost and where i could get one from as i am desperate to get one?

Thankss

Chilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commy
You could probably get one from holden, i'm not sure on pricing.

hatziVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive
you sure scottysvtcommie ive looked thoroughly throughout ebay and i cand find anything, do you have the link by any chance?