Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT2/VX Police Packs- The truth

Indy_387

Reaction score
Hey, top post VT29C1.

Do you know what the button with the dome light with a slash through it does on VT2?

Cheers.

9C1pack

Reaction score
It turns all the interior lights off (including the glove box, ignition green ring light and the boot light) so the cops can sneak up on you.
see below.
* INTERIOR LIGHTS OUT FUNCTION . ( inc glove box and boot lamps )

commnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore
I brought a vt2 cop car new for $32k on road as a run out model!
They are speced up executive cars.Love the pull straight to 2nd gear mod.
Have added alot of goodies now.

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
for some reason cops love silent cops, Ive seen 2 VT SS highway patrol cars that have hit the dif busters at 80-100 km/h, they do just that, the cars rear wheels looks like the cars out of the jetsons with the up turned wheels.

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
I remember working for a Sydney west holden dealer long ago testing (pre delivery) of new VB's etc around that era, one of the tests is to select reverse in the auto while moving, it's not meant to select it, one day a 253 wagon while doing about 35 mph "did".

Woohoo, does it ever lock up the rear end big time, not to mention the damage to the gearbox and drive train.

Don't ever try it even at only 10 mph.

That car was sent back to GMH broken.

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
In addition to the pack listed for the VT and VX until VY series 2 there were actually 3 different levels of pack (A, B, and C) which were basically different cominations of the pack above with a few extras not listed above. THe 'A' pacK had all the fruit, B less and the C which was the Poverty 9C1 pack. Different states accross Aust had different packs depending on their requirements.. The introduction of the VYII saw all the different options being scrapped and the 1 standard pack being introduced, which is how it stands as of today..

VT9C1-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec 9C1
i recently purchased a vt2 ecex 9C1, and i love it, i rekn if i had bought a standard exec it would be dead by now, the suspension has been lowerd a little bit and wider tyres and a few suspnsn mods and yeh it handles buetiful

the majority of them get the hell canned outta them and mine probly has aswell but yeh i drive it quite hard and yeh nuffn gone wrong yet

whitevtwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Wagon
I think a noticeable think im sure with the 9C1 VT/VX's that the speedo has more lines reading the speed in 2kmh gaps instead of 5km/h like standard VT's.