Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VTL53 CV8z front, LS3 conversion + more

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
Pulls like a 14 year old boy, very impressive.

red_spider

Reaction score
Members Ride
02' VXii Exec 9C1
love what you've done with your vt.personally the tiger mica colour is my fave;my old vx was that colour...if you every want to get rid of your hood id happily take it off your hands :)

Last edited:

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
Oh no you didn't haha sick burn.

stothers

Reaction score
holy sh*t,
i just realised this thread was here, exactly what im under going right now!
any tips, or things i need to look out for when putting my ls3 donk in my vtII ss? ive sort of estimated what cost im expecting but i know theres a million things ive probably missed.

jakstas

Auto Elec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 M6
Hrmm... tips. Well, budget on what you think its goign to cost, then double it! As you said, there is a million things you will forget.

For me, atleast, a cam only ls3 wasnt enough. Seriously consider how much grunt your going to actually want, and how your plan on getting it before go ahead and put it in.
As a minimum put a decent cam/springs/rods in it while you have the engine out. cams are cheap!
Dont take the converter box route, change the reluctor wheel, and while you have it apart, fill it full or ARP bolts on re-assembly. That way you can rev its head off, without its heads actually comming off.

There is heaps of options mate, but it really is a simple swap. Mainly electronics that need changing. Your knock sensors are in a different location, as well as a few other bits and pieces.

good luck & ask away!

jakstas

Auto Elec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 M6
2.jpg

1.jpg

Ive been shopping again!

What we have is a victor junior maniold, and matching 4BBL throttle body. Will be getting some special treatment, and blinged up, before getting installed next month, along with some other under bonnet dress bits.

The current vented bonnet has been sold, so something new will be in the works.

Also, a quick vid of me and the Mrs having a few skids one night at the drag strip. More about fun than breaking records, because I dont think thats possible on our goat track here :p Best run of the night, for those interested, was 12.1 @ 123mph on a 2.5 60ft

Last edited by a moderator:

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
looks like the air cleaner will be sticking through the bonnet....awesome

jakstas

Auto Elec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 M6
Still does when you can leave the line at more than 1/4 throttle. As I said, I was only out having a laugh. I had the mrs in the car with me, street tyres, 40psi, no prep on the track etc etc. It's a well known fact that Townsville Dragway is slipperier that your local Maccas carpark when not prepped, you can frequently see JC members V6 automatics getting wheel spin well into 3rd gear off the line :p Anyway, I digress; once the new manifold is on I'll get back to Mackay' Palmyra Dragway. It's drag strip is as good as the best in the nation, and run some numbers, would love a 10 NA