Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VU SS torn in half @ 150kmh !!

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
1 strike plan yes, but only above a certain threshold... I dont want to hear stories of "my p plate fell off and now I have lost my license!" etc etc.

You can toughen restrictions all you like but people will always flout them as long as the consequences are minimal. Car confiscation on the second offense should be certain... whether the driver owns the car or not.

You cant drive if you dont have a car... and if you dont have a car you can run around making car noises all you like but you're not going to kill anyone doing it!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
He posted on SC that it was the owner driving, and he had only just got his license back from a previous DD conviction.

So in short, he's going to jail, no matter how good a lawyer he can get.

Soybean

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 5-speed
Well my opinions are :
1) i agree with minux.
2)if your stupid enough to do 150 km/h in a 50 zone you deserve to have your licence permanently taken off you.
I think they should put more funding into driving training courses for learners/p platers, my uncle is a rally driver, he took me out on a private half dirt half tarmac road and showed me how to get outta spins, skids, etc.
the only problems they may face doing that though would be that the drivers would be more ****y.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Man.... thats pretty sick.....

Anyway just wondering who will get that V8 if that car happens to end up at the wreckers!!!?? Looks like its in pretty good nick.

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
1 strike plan yes, but only above a certain threshold... I dont want to hear stories of "my p plate fell off and now I have lost my license!" etc etc.

You can toughen restrictions all you like but people will always flout them as long as the consequences are minimal. Car confiscation on the second offense should be certain... whether the driver owns the car or not.

You cant drive if you dont have a car... and if you dont have a car you can run around making car noises all you like but you're not going to kill anyone doing it!

exactly, for a hoon offence, thats it one warning, the next time its u cant drive it. u fall into the same laws as we have now. gir monor crap like MINOR speeding (under 20k over) then just as normal, red lights etc normal as well, because that wasnt the high powered car that did that made u go thru the light or speed. u can do that in a mini.

i think thats fair

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
jus turn it into a front wheel drive.. problem solved

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
exactly, for a hoon offence, thats it one warning, the next time its u cant drive it. u fall into the same laws as we have now. gir monor crap like MINOR speeding (under 20k over) then just as normal, red lights etc normal as well, because that wasnt the high powered car that did that made u go thru the light or speed. u can do that in a mini.

i think thats fair

In WA the hoon laws are 1st offense 48hr impound, 2nd offense no more than 3 month impound, 3rd offense no more car. License restrictions depend on the offense but no warnings are issued for hoon behaviour.
For quite an involved read http://www.parliament.wa.gov.au/parliament/bills.nsf/A1E7E98B96551D3748256E4D00241B18/$File/Bill+273-2.pdf there is the complete bill covering hoon legislation in WA.

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
In WA the hoon laws are 1st offense 48hr impound, 2nd offense no more than 3 month impound, 3rd offense no more car. License restrictions depend on the offense but no warnings are issued for hoon behaviour.
For quite an involved read http://www.parliament.wa.gov.au/parliament/bills.nsf/A1E7E98B96551D3748256E4D00241B18/$File/Bill+273-2.pdf there is the complete bill covering hoon legislation in WA.

yeah thats exactly what we now have, but i think if your slate is clean then u should be allowed to drive a high powered vehicle, however one slip up and you lose the right to drive it