Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] vu turbo not spining

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
If the exhaust gas can't spin it then there might be a leak before it, if it's not too much trouble I guess you could take each piece of plumbing leading to it and pressure test it?

prodactor

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl turbo
haha all good thanks for the help anyways
haha sorry Michael-08-VE
I didn't see ur post, ive pulled of the piping and even had it looked at and still couldn't find any leaks

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
It's a V6 why would you need a turbo like that? Wouldn't surprise me given it's location it's having issues. It's not just about air. It's the heat as well. Why did you mount it that way?

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
That's alright mate! Hmmm it's an odd one isn't it, I'm not much of a turbo knowledgable person but could it have been plumbed in a way that instead of pushing air in the intake the exhaust gases are spinning it backwards and the air getting sucked into the engine is fighting the exhaust gases pushing it? Sorry if it's confusing haha. If that even makes sense.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
could it have been plumbed in a way that instead of pushing air in the intake the exhaust gases are spinning it backwards and the air getting sucked into the engine is fighting the exhaust gases pushing it?

That's a pretty damn hard and stupid thing to do. Is the gate stuck open?

Get some pictures up.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Revving it isn't going to help you at all. You're going to have to skid it in the driveway to load it up.

If it's auto foot + brake it to get some load, manual is going to be harder - which brings me back to the skid. Take some pictures so the people who know stuff can tell you what's wrong.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
As long as exhaust is going in the right hole and the inlet manifolf connected to the right hole it should at least be moving especially with a rev post pics.does the external gate have its seat ring fitted heaps of people leave them out and exhaust all goes out the gate instead of through turbo

Sent from my C8660 using Tapatalk 2

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Has the oil feed been confirmed to be good?

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
I was thinking open waste gate, but no oil could also cause it, but if it spins by hand I would expect it to move some way even if there is no oil.

Avi8or

Luxo-barging
Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice 6L
For what it's worth on my GT35 (Chinese copy) it won't spin when idling, and you really have to give it a good rev to get it moving (this is with a .63 housing as well).