Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VU UTE (Ghost)

R

Risky

You have been busy scoring stuff. It'll be good when you get them on.

The owner of the smash repairs who painted my ute bought a VYII base model ute 2 weeks ago. He was after a new project and shop ute for the guys there. I found it online & we went and saw it. Mechanically it's great but the body is tired which is no problem for them. I've given them a ton of spares I didn't need any more which will help. He's going to lower it & put 20" wheels on it which he has a spare kit for. Not bad for a $1400 ute. The pic below is the one he bought.

I got mine back after doing the seams inside the cab & made new drainage flanges. We've had a bit of rain & so far no leaks. I'm in the process of buying 19" wheels off the guy who owns the tint shop next to the smash repairs. They are in excellent condition. I was hoping to buy rims from a VE but there's none available in my area. I'll take pics & post them on my page.

I read yesterday that Ford sold all of it's 1400 odd Sprints. I doubt in the game now if they'll do any more specials as they're ceasing production on October 7.

Attachments

• j ute.jpg
    j ute.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 178

ozeholden

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VU S Ute
Yeah defiantly making sure i get parts often this time, me ford xg ute just sat there for months didnt do a thing to it.

Hardest thing im trying to find is the vx front bar and guards, no one has them in vic in heron white, only one found was 8hrs away in nsw .

Also trying to find some stockies with rwc tread has the tyres on the 20's are all stuffed, rear right has 2 big slices in it....

D

devilly

autobarn do tin paint, colour match via the paint code :) if you get stuck may be a way to go.

R

Risky

Lol Heron White is so popular. I'm sure something will come up soon. Hunting around for stuff takes time.

Those tyres are highly stuffed. Check the wreckers, gumtree & even buy/swap/sell sites on FB for wheels. I did a quick search & they were all located in Campbellfield which would be a little bit of a hike.

ozeholden

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VU S Ute
Yeah thinking i just may have to do it that way, and yeah been searching on all the usual sites like ebay, gumtree, facebook and local wreckers....

And yeah the diff i got was in ballarat, so not affraid to travel out a bit to get parts, heck even the shocks and springs were in outer Melbourne, which was a hot car chick selling them haha :D

elless1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Shame your not here,ive got some wheels and tires and a whole ss front end
you could have had cheap. Would have even painted it for ya.

ozeholden

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VU S Ute
Yeah id say a fair bit, willing to travel few hours close to me and never been keen on postage with car parts that bit anyways, thanks for the offer.....other choice still remaining ia getting a complete vy ss front end to put on..

ozeholden

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VU S Ute
Yeah seen that but don't have that much atm and parts finding is on hold has got other things like bills to pay etc.

Just need front end,wheels and just fix up little stuff like headlights roof lining etc then can do rwc.