Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Walshy227

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VU S Ute
@Bowen
Thanks for that info. You're the first person I've seen anywhere that has actually done a 6 speed in their V6! Was it worth the money do you think and does it make the car run better or smoother?

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
@Bowen
Thanks for that info. You're the first person I've seen anywhere that has actually done a 6 speed in their V6! Was it worth the money do you think and does it make the car run better or smoother?

Well what happened to me is my getrag broke and I faced a decision... Do I spend $1500 on a reco box and new clutch or knowing that my L67 would soon be ready and certainly destroy the getrag! Upgrade to the 6 speed.... So I bit the bullet haha I still haven't got the L67 in yet as I'm still building it but I imagine itd be even better

Honestly it has made a big difference as you have the advantage of running a high ratio crown wheel and pinion and not stuffing your economy intact its improved.... And it's a really nice box and you have the peace of mind that it will always be fine basically haha rated to 600ft pound of torque

Also I sold my getrag box and all gear I didn't need for like $ 1200 so that helped me loads with the outlay....

Walshy227

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VU S Ute
Well what happened to me is my getrag broke and I faced a decision... Do I spend $1500 on a reco box and new clutch or knowing that my L67 would soon be ready and certainly destroy the getrag! Upgrade to the 6 speed.... So I bit the bullet haha I still haven't got the L67 in yet as I'm still building it but I imagine itd be even better

Honestly it has made a big difference as you have the advantage of running a high ratio crown wheel and pinion and not stuffing your economy intact its improved.... And it's a really nice box and you have the peace of mind that it will always be fine basically haha rated to 600ft pound of torque

Also I sold my getrag box and all gear I didn't need for like $ 1200 so that helped me loads with the outlay....

That sounds awesome. So if you sold your old broken Getrag for $1200, how much would I be able to get for my working one??

Also what are the chances you could send me a list of everything I need to buy to do the conversion?? I also assume it would cost a lot for labour hey?