Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VU / VX Coolant Leak

stovepipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
I can see it no prob

As my my thread, radiator side tank is cracked and leaking under pressure.
I have used a repair kit and also released the pressure on the coolant reservior and that has prolonged the inevitable.

For you, could be a radiator tank leak as per are is dropping to.
But check anyway, get under the hood and get a decent torch and have a look.

Im changing everything from radiator, heater tap, thermostat, hoses and coolant.
Most of the gear is original from manufacturer and so it good measure to change it all

Anyway, let us know with ya searching.

Yeah, its in for a check at the shop today and the guy just said on the phone its a cracked side tank. Looking at $525 to replace. Sound normal?
How costly & difficult is the DIY method?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Yeah, its in for a check at the shop today and the guy just said on the phone its a cracked side tank. Looking at $525 to replace. Sound normal?
How costly & difficult is the DIY method?

Mine was replaced under warranty 3 years ago for $500 fitted - sounds about right. DIY would be ok, but fitted and filled for that price is pretty decent I reckon (only going off my warranty repair nothing else).

The radiator they are putting in, is it new or reco?

The awesome thing about the LS1 is it's also self bleeding so none of that nonsense the V6 boys have to put up with.