Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx 3.8ltr commodore

W

Walter vx

Here we go, car started missing with no back firing and then stopped within 5min,no warning light. Tried to restart would fir up and stall straight away. Unplugged maf and took about but got her idling over fine with engine light on every time I touched the go pedal a fraction it died. Replaced maf,coils,dfi module. But noticed my aic today when pulled it out was seized, replacing it today. Sometimes it will start with maf hooked up but idles like **** unplug maf idles perfect but still dies if touch gas pedal. Don't understand why no engine light on in the first instance but if I unhook maf or anything else when idling I gt engine light on. Can't find a vacuum leak. Got me buggered any advice would be fantastic. By the way I'm thinking of buying a vident i400au scan tool.

W

Walter vx

Here we go, car started missing with no back firing and then stopped within 5min,no warning light. Tried to restart would fir up and stall straight away. Unplugged maf and took about but got her idling over fine with engine light on every time I touched the go pedal a fraction it died. Replaced maf,coils,dfi module. But noticed my aic today when pulled it out was seized, replacing it today. Sometimes it will start with maf hooked up but idles like **** unplug maf idles perfect but still dies if touch gas pedal. Don't understand why no engine light on in the first instance but if I unhook maf or anything else when idling I gt engine light on. Can't find a vacuum leak. Got me buggered any advice would be fantastic. By the way I'm thinking of buying a vident i400au scan tool.
Also when it does idle with maf disconnect I can get it to rev really crisp and up to redline no dramas on the odd acasion.