Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Vx 6spd 5.7l

somerandom

Reaction score
Hi guys, so i bled the line for the clutch, and finding it impossible to shift into 2nd or 1st when slowing down, it will only go in once i'm stopped.. and some times hard to get into 2nd, but every other gear is fine..

does it require more bleeding(did it 3 times) or could the be air getting in the line to cause this? or something more evil...

i never drove a 6spd before, so at first i was finding it a little off putting shifting through the gears, but now i think i have the hang of it, its still not easy to go in to 2nd when up shifting, or 2nd when down shifting...

I8.A4.RE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1 - LANCER MY10 - VE UTE
At what speed are you downshifting into 2nd or 1st? Ideally you should only be doing 10-20 km/h, with 1st being such a short gear.
Also look into a RipShift for a shifter.

somerandom

Reaction score
even when after i stopped the car, i find it very hard to go into 1st or 2nd when there is pressure on the box even with the car turned off and i roll it back and force its hard to go into gear

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Sounds like the syncro's might be stuffed. Best bet is take it to a box shop and get them to look at it.