Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx acceleration response?

M

magno

I have a vx wagon that has increased 7.1% in kilowatts, 5% in torque and is now getting more km per tank. My vx was tested on a Dynapack Dyno-meter prior to and after fitting a device called MAGNOFLOW. The mechanic was highly sceptical of the product prior to running the tests, but was blown away with results and is now stocking and fitting Magnoflow. If want a more responsive and efficient engine with more power and better fuel economy then Magnoflow is the answer.
Check out www.magnoflow.com.au

V

vzdriver

hahaha, you a sales rep for nagnoflow??? or just a very satisfied customer

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
My friends got an AUIII Forte and it responds heaps better then my VXII.. It's very very responsive.. The steering's also a lot less tighter..

What's up with that?

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
that sounds a bit like blasphemy

and3rs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive V6
Im a little interested to know what i can do with my 97 vt to solve this problem too... when im just cruising along at say 2000rpm then I plant my foot the engine revs up to around 4500-5000rpm before the car actually starts to seriously accelerate???

I'm just curious if anyone elses stock commy runs differently?

and3rs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive V6
s*#t this threads old haha, im never gonna get an answer..

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
s*#t this threads old haha, im never gonna get an answer..

Honestly, just get a bigger throttle body, ebay have them for about $150 i think. It worked well on my ecotec.
It allows the plenum to fill up faster with less throttle applied, gives the perception of more power, but really its just extra response. Complement this with a good air filter and you'll be happy.

Sebastian

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTS Commodore
lack of response may just be the time that it takes for the auto to find the correct gear, if you havent had one in a while maybe get your transmission serviced this should help but it wont be as quick as a manual because the auto has to try and figure out when you want it to change gears

and3rs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive V6
yes, i think my auto is definatly in need of a service, Its got 218,000ks on the clock.. its always serviced reguraly but either way my next one is due. my next step is to get a stage 2 shift kit put in her, i don't know if that will help the acceleration response but it will be good fun to drive hehe. Anyway I'm thinking the torque converter might might be responsible for that huge delay from high rpm to actually laying down that power to the wheels. Correct me if im wrong im no mechanic. what do you guys reckon and what could be done with this?

and3rs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive V6
yes, i think my auto is definatly in need of a service, Its got 218,000ks on the clock.. its always serviced reguraly but either way my next one is due. my next step is to get a stage 2 shift kit put in her, i don't know if that will help the acceleration response but it will be good fun to drive hehe. Anyway I'm thinking the torque converter might might be responsible for that huge delay from high rpm to actually laying down that power to the wheels. Correct me if im wrong im no mechanic. what do you guys reckon and what could be done with this?

Forget that.

I think ur right Sebastian. The auto just needs to find the right gear for acceleration and thats where the delay is.

I think a shift kit will improve on this because alot of delay comes from shift overlap and smooth shifting programed in to the stock auto. I'll see how i go anyway