Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Berlina Headlights

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Hey all. Just wondering about the projector lights you can get for the VX series. Now I have searched and no one seems to give any indication if they actually work better or are just better looking. Can any one with them shed some light on the subject (pun not intended :p)?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I had some on my old VX equipe , and to be honest they didn't make that much difference , they do look better though .

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
I have projector headlights (low beam) in my 1993 Telstar and they are no better than decent H4's. My 1999 VT has H4's and I have Philips 100+ in them with Philips in the high beam driving lights as well.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Cheers for the help so far. The Series 2 lights while they look good also seem to be stupidly expensive. I could just get the slight hazing fixed up but would rather move onto something more aesthetically pleasing.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
I have Altezza Projectors on my VT, but I want to revert back to Factory, when funds allow.
They look good, but not happy with the light output. Especially on high beam.
Plus, aiming them is a bugger, as they (Altezza) use hex head screws, located and hard to see,
beside the wiring plugs, not on top as per the Factory ones.
The Factory lights on my Daughter's VX were far better.

skappascrap

Herp is for the derp.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VY SV8
I've just put a pair of the Altezza headlights with the projectors in my new VX wagon, Wraith.
Easy installation, absolute PITA for adjustment.

I'm gonna have to go against the others and say that the light output is far better than the standard headlights, only because all the adjustments were stripped when I got it and the lights weren't pointing in the right directions at all.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
The low beams on my VX are crap, and I'm running Phillips globes. The lamps are in good condition with genuine headlight protectors too.

Pity that the calais and statesman projector headlights are a different shape.