Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx berlina lights in garnish on a vt..

jason_85

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Vy SS and 99 Vt SS
hey all... today i picked up the tail lights, garnish and looms for $80 to replace my standard tinted then faded crappy vt ones... anyway after playing around getting everthing to work, i am left with this
179186_10150969184189836_620431318_n.jpg

what im wondering is, what do i need to do to make the lights on the garnish light up with the brake lights?... i can only get them to stay on as parkers... any help and advice would be good... cheers guys

jason_85

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Vy SS and 99 Vt SS
would anyone know??

d.k.vmatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 VZ SS
you will need the loom from a vx also make sure your outer tail lights have reflectors to avoid a defect

jason_85

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Vy SS and 99 Vt SS
i have the vx looms in the tail lights and the boot loom was cut from a vx wreck (where the garnish and lights came from) but the vx berlina globe harness that goes into the garnish is a different plug to the standard vt 1 and i dont want to cut my loom in the boot to re-wire the vx boot wiring to the main harness of my vt... if that makes sense haha.... i was thinking of trying to get a vt calais globe harness for the garnish and seeing if it fits the vx berlina ganish but the vt plug...

jason_85

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Vy SS and 99 Vt SS
would anyone know how to make the garnish light up with the brakes?

CJ_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VT Calais
Hey dude, when you changed the garnish over did you need a fill in panel or something. like behind your number plate is covered by the VT garnish but on the VX garnish it is the colour of your car. Was this section already painted or do you need to get another little section from somewhere?

jason_85

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Vy SS and 99 Vt SS
Hey dude, when you changed the garnish over did you need a fill in panel or something. like behind your number plate is covered by the VT garnish but on the VX garnish it is the colour of your car. Was this section already painted or do you need to get another little section from somewhere?

no fill in panel bud... just removed the vt garnish and bolted in the berlina one.... the part the number plate screws into is a different colour to my car but it comes off seperately from the garnish and i had it painted... i hope that helps you out abit....

CJ_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VT Calais
Sweet cheers mate how much did the painting of the number plate bit set you back?

jason_85

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Vy SS and 99 Vt SS
not sure bud... had it done at the same time as the bonnet, front bar, side skirts, rear bar..... shouldnt cost much tho as its only small..

frewcha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 50th Anniversary
splice into the brake light cable?