Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Calais and Berlina Headlights ...Fit motorcycle H4's ?

bluehighway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais International
Yep its another thread on how dim the Low beam on the VX Commodore is...(now a 22 year old Vehicle)... Im thinking of fitting Phillips H4 12342XVT 60/55w motorcycle headlight H4's as hard to locate an auto supplier that stocks the Phillips range in NZ thats local and not online. But it has occurred to me that my real problem might be the built in headlamp assembly reflector. Question is can these be removed and replaced or just plain not put back in? Another issue I had was with the windscreen it was shocking in the rain and fitting a new rubber to the blade on the wiper solved zilch ,I thought the screen laminate may have been corrupted but after throwing the factory blade and rubber assebly in the bin and fitting a more modern blade/rubber its solved the issue 2000%. So if your driving round in the rain in 1 of these older Commodores and the screen looks like crap and your thinking the windscreens stuffed, unclip the blades and throw them in the rubbish bin where they belong....no more screeching noises ...wipes clear and smooth I went with Bosch blades.....Anyways back to the headlights ....not looking to spend a million dollars just looking to get them up to scratch as sometimes im thinking its like driving around with your park lights on.....pretty basic concept design and build headlights that actually bloody work well...I think Holden dropped the ball big time with this....and I hate to think how many are out there driving at night struggling too see where the heck they are going.... probably another reason as to why they dont make Holdens anymore...these should have been a recall issue in my book General Motors ....there i've said it.....lol

Last edited:

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Headlights, I got Narva H4 +200 for low beam and H1 +30 for high beam, it made a world of difference at night

The Supercheap auto guy said there is a new LED replacement that will fit with the covers on the VT-VX as well

For wipers, I use Bosch aero twin and change them yearly

Wipers and windscreens need a good clean regularly to remove road grime and built up oil and other contaminants

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
The only vehicle that l've ever had to change the windscreen wipers on was a truck that l owned for ten years. As soon as possible when I get home after a trip, l clean the w/screen. If you let those bugs dry on the w/screen, then the next time you use the wipers,
they can rip the edges of the wiper blades.

Last edited:

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
I've never had any oncoming traffic abuse me due to mine. What's the actual issue? I haven't bought any globes in a year or so. Just that not much to choose from in NZ stores on the shelf? Probably a standard issue.

bluehighway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais International
I've never had any oncoming traffic abuse me due to mine. What's the actual issue? I haven't bought any globes in a year or so. Just that not much to choose from in NZ stores on the shelf? Probably a standard issue.
Went with the Narva 200's ...couldnt get any Phillips off the shelf ...needed to get them pronto have early morning starts mixed with some night hiway drives coming up. I think the issue with the windscreen was the springs in the arms had lost some of their tension which is why the deeper blades are working way better.....probably more downward pressure on the screen now....

Last edited: