Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Calais S2 front end on VT S1 Calais

CJ_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VT Calais
hey guys ive been looking around at a few other calais and i reckon the VX series two front ends look so nice with the genuine tinted headlights and the full grille.
I have a series 1 L67 calais and im thinking about chucking on one of these vx front ends. is it possible to cut out/modify my front bumper so i can keep the vt chrome strip and save money on painting another vx bumper (never seen a vx raven mica calais)??? also because these calais bumpers are rare could i wack a berlina bumper on and chuck my vt grey strip along the bottom on it?? also can i somehow attach fog lamps onto the berlina bumper? and lastly how much would i be set back to paint a second hand bumper in raven mica?
thanks heaps guys, ive read all the forums and searches havent really found anything answering what i want..

jip123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Equipe S2
u cant really just modify a bumper. easiest way is just to keep your eyes out. btw u can use a vx series 1 bumper and grill just use vx series 2 headights if u like the tinted look. maybe monaro headlights is an good idea

CJ_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VT Calais
Yeh my mistake. Will my existing vt fog lamps fit a vx Calais bar/are they hard I mount on a vx?

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
If your vt fog lights are round they will fit the vx bumper. If they are square then no they won't.. Yes you can still add your grey bottom strip to any bumper.

About 250$ishhh for paint and fit mate, depending in the condition in the front bar.