Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX can I put my side airbags into SS seats without airbags?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL Wagon
I want to fit SS seats to my VX wagon but its an acclaim and has side airbags fitted
i want to keep the airbags for safety reasons
can i just replace the foams and seat cover from the SS seats to my seat frames and get the trim modified to work when the airbag deploys?
or should i just look around for SS seats with airbags in them
p.s. to VE SS seats fit? there are heaps of them around at the moment but i would assume the airbags would not suit

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
So effectively you just want SS trim? Yeah, you either need to find an SS with the optional side airbags, or get an auto-trimmer to fix the SS covers to be suitable with your airbags. Removing the airbags isn't really a legal option.

vxrated

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx wagon
Hi. I know this an old thread but I am looking at vx ss seat foams and covers, no airbags, to fit over my vx 11 acclaim seat frames with airbags. Did you end up modding the seat foams to fit? What was involved? Cheers

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL Wagon
i ended up just putting VZ Acclaim seats in, more comfortable than VX seats and plugged straight in.
the seats looked the same but much more comfortable and cost me $140 all up and sold my old ones for $120 so $20 for a seat upgrade

vxrated

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx wagon
Okay thanks, appreciate the info. Will start looking.