Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX CD Player AUX Input

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
How you going guys.

Im about to hack up my VXII CD player and install 2x sets of RCA Preouts into the back of it (very simple to do, guide here : VT/VX Low Series Head Unit RCA ).

i know some people have managed to get AUX input set up on these units, and some people (big_valven) has even managed to get iPod integration using his brain.

From what i've seen, In order to get Aux input working, you need to connect an aux cable to the output of the CD player circuitry inside the headunit, and then play a blank audio track while using AUX Input. Ive googled and googled, but cant find a guide on this at all! I've come to the decision that if i can get aux input, theres no need for me to buy a new headunit, and then my car will remain stock looking.

So if you guys know where any guides are that show how to get AUX input going on a VX, let me know!

And for those of you wondering, i have considered FM Transmitters. I used to use one on my VN wagon and it was horrible, even with a brand new headunit and antenna. You loose so much of the sound range its not funny! (might just be my experience)

| evaN |

mmm bass
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
if you want aux input and going for that stock look you could always downgrade to the tape only headunit. they've got a 3.5mm connection on the front stock