Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] VX Commodore 3.8L Lumina

Swiper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Hi all, just a quick question about pacemaker extractors and cats. I've got a full exhaust system redback and was wondering how much power would I roughly earn with both extractors and cats, and if it would be worth going to a tuner and getting it tuned as I think I'm finished for upgrading it after this. Thanks

H

harrop.senator

Might gain 5% or so from headers and cats.

Probably up to a 10% gain at least in places after a tune.

My last Ecotec made like a 22% gain with a rebuilt motor , slightly cleaned up heads , small cam , extractors and full system with a tune.

I think the fact it was a brand new motor , cam and heads did more for it then the exhaust and tune hence maybe 10%?

Swiper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Might gain 5% or so from headers and cats.

Probably up to a 10% gain at least in places after a tune.

My last Ecotec made like a 22% gain with a rebuilt motor , slightly cleaned up heads , small cam , extractors and full system with a tune.

I think the fact it was a brand new motor , cam and heads did more for it then the exhaust and tune hence maybe 10%?

Yeah sounds good, probably wont go for a tune then as they go for about 1k but I guess cats and extractors arent cheap either. We'll see

H

harrop.senator

I wouldn't bother buying new. I don't think I've ever paid more then $250 used for a set of V6 pacemakers unless had cats.