Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Commodore Cargo Barrier Installation

Michael777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Acclaim Wagon
Hello!
Just bought my first Commodore wagon for the family.
Having a bit of trouble fitting a cargo barrier I have purchased second hand.
No problem affixing the top of the barrier to the roof fittings - they fit nicely but the bottom attachments/bolts don't seem to line up.
As per the photos, my wagon has bolts in the cargo area behind the rear seats but they don't match the fitting on the bottom of teh cargo barrier - is there something I need to buy from Holden? or are my bolts positioned for a different barrier?
I've attached some photos - any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Michael

Attachments

• DSCF3699 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF3699 (Medium).JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 2,493
  • DSCF3701 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF3701 (Medium).JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 2,116
  • DSCF3702 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF3702 (Medium).JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 2,553
  • DSCF3703 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF3703 (Medium).JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 3,507

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
That barrier doesn't look right to me. Here are some pics of a VT barrier, I'm sure it would be that same as a vX. Your's should have 2 hook type things at the bottom as in my first picture. The second picture shows the whole barrier and nothing else is needed to fit the barrier, except there are some extra pieces I have so the barrier can be installed behind the front seats, with the rear seats down.

Attachments

• 000_0585.jpg
    000_0585.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 1,966
  • 000_0586.jpg
    000_0586.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 2,646
  • 000_0589.jpg
    000_0589.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 2,094

Michael777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Acclaim Wagon
Thanks for the advice & your photos are most helpful.
Looks like I need to get a different barrier - the one I have came out of a VZ but i was told they fit VX to VZ (which they do - except for the bottom fittings!).
I am right in assuming those bottom hooks can't be bought and fitted to my barrier?
Thanks again for your help.
Michael777.

Michael777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Acclaim Wagon
PS - Another question...
The current barrier I have (as seen on my photos above ) has a perspex window - is it possible to get this kind of barrier for a VX Commodore i.e with the correct bottom hooks for my wagon? (top fittings seem to be no issue)
Thanks again - all you commodore legends!

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
The hooks at the bottom are welded on.
I could be wrong but I don't think the perspex window was introduced until the VY.

br14nh

Back in the saddle....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 wagon 5sp Manual
I have a barrier I fitted to my VX, it is a genuine unit (bought from a wrecker in as new condition) with the same fittings as yours, i.e. the straps. It came with the perspex window and I'm pretty sure it's specced for the VT-VZ range as it replaces an earlier version which didn't have the window.

I bought a fitting kit from Holden - it was only $28 or thereabouts, it has two thick flat pieces of metal with three holes, these go under the carpet and bolt into in pre-exisitng holes in the cargo area. You then cut/drill holes in the carpet above the flat metal piece to attach the knobs that secure the straps down to the cargo area. Sorry I can't do pics, just thought I'd let you know it can be done.

You may need to remove the existing fittings & fit the flat pieces under the carpet there; the short straps should swivel enough to let you mount to that location. From the looks of it, your unit also has the long straps - it can be mounted behind the driver/passenger seats when the rear seats are folded down, and the long straps can be attached to the same holes.

CHeers,
Brian

steads

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commadore wagon berlina
hi help please

i just brought a cargo barrier with the window genuine holden one how does it clip in to the car top and bottom please help

Ninety3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
Anyone have the measurements to find the factory guides in the rooflining to suit these?

Bazmlb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX series 2 Acclaim Wagon, 3.8 FE2 suspension
I just bought a barrier off Ebay, having trouble finding the top mounts, did anyone have any luck here or can assist?

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Thread dig.... I know.

We have a VT and a VX. We always assumed the cargo barriers were the same.

But we never unhooked the VX cargo barrier to check that there was any kind of difference between models.

We have moved the VT barrier to the alternate position behind the front seats with rear seats folded forward and that gave us a huge load area. We assumed that we could use two cargo barriers to create two caged areas in the wagon if we ever needed to.

So the work horse VT wagon is in Melbourne with brother and we needed to use a bigger cargo area. Unhooked the barrier in the VX and found that the second set of roof mounting sockets are missing. The extension brackets that secure the barrier to the folded seat back are also missing.

Seems like Holden deleted some of the cargo barrier flexibility after the VT, so these cargo barriers may be different from VT to VX to VY.