Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx commodore not getting power at coils

Johannes21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX series ii S
Hi everyone so I have this vx for a couple of months now and ive been fixing as we go. Anyways I started it up one day and it started up nicely but it didnt wanna rev past 4k and started to shake and vibrate alot if I keep it at 4k and after a few seconds it backfired and the rpm dropped below 1k and then died. I tried starting it after then it starts and dies right after and now it only cranks over but not starting. I have no clue what it can be I had a look at all the earth wires and i cleaned them all I also cleaned the DFI plate thingey I got new sparkplugs new leads I checked my injectors with a mulitmeter to see if they are not broken ( they are fine ) . So the coils arent getting power( so no spark ) but I have no idea where to start looking for the problem I dont wanna replace the coils and then its still the same problem. Btw I did put a new cam angle sensor in.

Any help will be nice thank you

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Grab a SH DFI and try that. This is the most common no start/spark issue with the V6.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Second hand.