Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX commodore stalling while driving

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
I brought a new fuel filter and replaced a brand new fuel pump and i thought it was ok again and then engine check light comes on and it stalls and wont restart straight away, waited about 2 minutes and then she fired up. Anyone know what the #### it could be. I do have some oil in the radiator im not sure if thats got anything to do with and i do have to refill it with water once a day. Wheres the water going? and the stalling happens every week or 2. sometimes it restarts straight away sometimes it don't.

If its an auto the 2 cores (tranny fluid n water) could be mixing inside the radiator, check your tranny oil.

It could also be the valley gasket, head gasket would be my last suspect....

smoken_VS

Perth wa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 Vx Commodore sedan
yea the coil pack was next on the list but it was low on oil and kept using water so i chucked in radiator stop leak and topped the oil up and she aint stalled since

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
yea the coil pack was next on the list but it was low on oil and kept using water so i chucked in radiator stop leak and topped the oil up and she aint stalled since

Stop leak is a band aid when u can afford it replace the radiator otherwise u will have lots more problems