Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx Commodore Supercharged issue

eliteaaron

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Calais Supercharged
hey my car has recently been sputtering under heavy acceleration its not bad enough for it to stall but can feel like its not getting fuel or missing somewhere i have changed the fuel filter and seemed to help a bit but it still does it i was thinking maybe spark plugs next, drives normal until you put ya boot into it but a week ago it wasn't doing this? its done 140,000 and the fuel filter was the original so i begging to think nothing has been replaced, spark plugs, leads ect any ideas?

supercharger kingy

NUCKIN FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE L98 Calais
plugs, leads, fuel filter maybe pump.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
140,000 on the original fuel filter... wow. you're meant to change them every 20,000 I believe.
check your plugs for correct gap, wear, unusual colouring. Spark plugs can tell you lots about the engine's health.
If in doubt, take photos of each and post them here and someone can help you out.

I doubt it would be the fuel pump as I would expect you to have issues higher in the rev range rather than low down. more likely to be a bad lead or a bad plug.
anyone got a service manual handy with the correct OHM range for the leads on the supercharged motor so he can test with a multimeter?

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
If you think nothing has been done, Replace Leads, Plugs, Oil/Air/Fuel Filters. Start with the basics first

eliteaaron

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Calais Supercharged
the spark plugs were bit black and leads were bit stuffed anyway replaced everything i could think of and runs like new thanks... :)

(edit) just so everyone knows i have only had this car a week, i haven't been responsible for its services :p

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Will also pay to flush the Cooling System, Change Brake & Power Steering Fluid, Service Transmission (auto/Manual) Just so you know its all been done and don't have to wonder about it :)

Schwuppes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais L67 (conversion)
could be coil packs on their way out too....

EDIT: lol nevermind