Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx commodore vibrations

commonwhor3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
hi all,
I own a 00's vx commy auto - 2 days ago I could feel my car shaking whist driving, and could see and feel my gear knob vibrating up/down- took it home as I'm struggling to figure out if its engine mounts, tail shaft baring, gear box or my break pads/rotors being warped as I'm still learning everything.
if anyone as any ideas so I don't have to look over my whole care to find it would be greatly appreciated

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
Shaking all the time? Only shaking while idling? Does the shaking decrease when in motion? Is it shaking or shuddering? Shuddering is your brakes.
How much shaking are we talking about? Like how fast is the gearshift moving? Think outside the box a bit... slow moving gearshift means deeper, slower shaking - caused by heavier things; fast moving gearshift means higher frequency shaking - caused by things that are lighter and can move around more freely. Compare how much shaking a blender does when in use to how much shaking your mate does when you're shaking him trying to wake him up after a hard night out. Blender - light components = fast. Your mate - heavy = slow.
If your engine mounts were toast and your rather heavy engine was rocking around in the engine bay, would it likely produce a rapid shaking, or a slower, whole-car shaking? (slower. The answer is slower.) That should help you rule a few things out off the bat.